Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. rudy_rooster

rudy_rooster Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2011
    Connecticut
    Thanks for bookmarking, and hello to you. [​IMG]

2. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    http://www.chickenowners.com/
    Hi Rudy,
    This is a link to COOP, or Chicken Owners Outside Philadelphia, a site established by the woman I took "Backyard Chickens: 101" from at the local Adult School. On it is a page of references that are very useful for this (South Eastern PA) area. What it is really good for is learning what all the various neighborhood and township codes are for the keeping of chickens. Hope this answers your question...

mm

3. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi everyone! Again I go missing..LOL! We had gotten our power back after 5 days. With that being said, I had to go through my fridges (I have 3) and discard and document all that we lost for the insurance company.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We lost over $600 in food. :-( I know it's not much considering what all of our friends lost, but still...It's a lot to replace.

No onto my chicken coop.....I'm sorry, but this is so depressing to me. I want to cry everytime we come up the driveway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After we dealt with all our food issues and got our house back in order, we headed right to the shore to help DH's best friend's father's house is on a pinnensula in Brick NJ which was devastated. He had over 2 feet of water in his house, and 2 of his neighbors houses are condemned. I have so many friends who are homeless now, it's depressing..1/2 are homeless and 1/2 are without power. So for the past 2 days we have been bringing supplies to them directly, and helping demo our friends fathers house. Did I mention he had a 32 foot boat from a different island come ashore right in front of his house?? We had to drive on someone else's property to get around it. The scene was so sad.. But thankfully his boat is safe..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry so photo heavy, but I wanted to show you guys all I've been dealing with this past week. LOL! Such a mess, I'll probably be back down to the shore tomorrow to do more work and volunteer. My hometown needs me. I'm still waiting for my insurance company to send the assessor so I can get my darn coop! LOL!! Grr!!!

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    ok, I just discovered partridge cochins.... [​IMG]

Anyone here breed them by chance? Looking for bantams.

5. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Forgot to add the boat..his house is to the left of the boat.

6. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Oh Pentamom! I am so sorry for all of your loss!!

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG] sorry pentamoma : (

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Wow PentaMom! Unbelievable! And...good photographs, hope the adjuster comes soon so you can get back on track with your chicken project.

Missy, thanks for the link, looks like fun, and not too far.

Sally, are you still stuck on the mountain? Did they ever remove the tree blocking your road?

9. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

They are soo pretty but I think all Cochins are soo pretty it is so hard to pick one type!!!

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    SO true!! I have the MF now and i just LOVE them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by