Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Wow PentaMom! Unbelievable! And...good photographs, hope the adjuster comes soon so you can get back on track with your chicken project.

Missy, thanks for the link, looks like fun, and not too far.

Sally, are you still stuck on the mountain? Did they ever remove the tree blocking your road?
We got electric friday and tn trees cleared on 419 Saturday, the trucks are still working on this stretch as a ton had been knocked down, of course I only saw the two in either direction till I was stopped lol

Finally somewhat organized with the chicken end of the house!

I wanted to get tink out of solitary confinement as she kept telling me she is ok! LOL No really she was extremely talkative! So I thought if she just raised babies, MAYBE she wouldnt mind the company of little Halo and NoName silkie mix.... NOT she hates Halo : ( but likes the mix, who I think is a roo!

SOOOOO I took Black Betty my Black Cochin out of the silkies pen and put her in with the Blue Cochin~Fluffy and Blue and put tink in with Romeo and Juliet, which was plan in the first place! After several fights with the roo, All is settled and they are hanging together foraging!!!

But Halo and NoName remain in the lower level together.

http://www.chickenowners.com/
Hi Rudy,
This is a link to COOP, or Chicken Owners Outside Philadelphia, a site established by the woman I took "Backyard Chickens: 101" from at the local Adult School. On it is a page of references that are very useful for this (South Eastern PA) area. What it is really good for is learning what all the various neighborhood and township codes are for the keeping of chickens. Hope this answers your question...

mm

MM,
Thank you. This is exactly what I'm looking for... I'll add this to my directory. Rudy

Hi everyone! Again I go missing..LOL! We had gotten our power back after 5 days. With that being said, I had to go through my fridges (I have 3) and discard and document all that we lost for the insurance company.

We lost over $600 in food. :-( I know it's not much considering what all of our friends lost, but still...It's a lot to replace.

No onto my chicken coop.....I'm sorry, but this is so depressing to me. I want to cry everytime we come up the driveway.

After we dealt with all our food issues and got our house back in order, we headed right to the shore to help DH's best friend's father's house is on a pinnensula in Brick NJ which was devastated. He had over 2 feet of water in his house, and 2 of his neighbors houses are condemned. I have so many friends who are homeless now, it's depressing..1/2 are homeless and 1/2 are without power. So for the past 2 days we have been bringing supplies to them directly, and helping demo our friends fathers house. Did I mention he had a 32 foot boat from a different island come ashore right in front of his house?? We had to drive on someone else's property to get around it. The scene was so sad.. But thankfully his boat is safe..

Sorry so photo heavy, but I wanted to show you guys all I've been dealing with this past week. LOL! Such a mess, I'll probably be back down to the shore tomorrow to do more work and volunteer. My hometown needs me. I'm still waiting for my insurance company to send the assessor so I can get my darn coop! LOL!! Grr!!!

Wow, my heart goes out to you. Terrible, terrible losses.

Awww look at this cute coop thats up for grabs! http://reading.craigslist.org/grd/3385782844.html

Aww so cute! I wish I had the money. I'd pick that up in a heartbeat!! I'm dying for chickens!! Now I'm so far behind. :-( I feel like Ill never get them now.
I've been visiting my good friend who has them, soo jealous. LOL!!

Thank you everyone. We have been through so much it's really depressing. But I'm still here, my family is safe and so is our house. What more can I ask for. I am very fortunate! I just have a feeling the insurance company is going to take forever.

I'm happy that you all have done better than I in this mess! And I just wanted to thank you all for being so wonderful and supportive! :)

Loooongg night in ER with little man.... Lucas had a ton of tests, a lot of which will come in this morning. They pumped him full of fluids and antibodics and fever reducers. Tons of lab work XRays, ultrasound, and finally cat scan showed extensive colonic diverticulosis inflamed bowels, obstruction of left ureter, and enlarged prostate. We finally got home this am, waiting on other results to come in. Fever is back up again. But he seems to feel better already... Tired both of us. Poor little guy has had fever of 103.5 since friday now : (

Back
Top Bottom