Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well lets see. It's a sunny Friday here. The flock of 7 pullets and 1 roo are roaming the property somewhere. They free range all day, picking and scratching anywhere they can. 4 eggs a day right now. I do believe 1 or 2 are laying in a mystery spot around the barn. I really don't want to coop them up til I know for sure that is happening. They are quite noisy if they aren't left out right away in the morning. I tarped the run for winter. I don't plan on letting them out if it's sleeting or really miserable. Does anyone else cover their runs?

Well lets see.  It's a sunny Friday here.  The flock of 7 pullets and 1 roo are roaming the property somewhere.  They free range all day, picking and scratching anywhere they can.  4 eggs a day right now.  I do believe 1 or 2 are laying in a mystery spot around the barn.  I really don't want to coop them up til I know for sure that is happening.  They are quite noisy if they aren't left out right away in the morning. I tarped the run for winter.  I don't plan on letting them out if it's sleeting or really miserable.  Does anyone else cover their runs? 

I have my run covered but tha is because I have bantams and can't let them free range all the time for fear of hawks!! Mine is covered with an aluminum roof! What kind of pullets do you have? And welcome I'm from Berks county!

well tomorrow is turkey processing day, a little depressed today and having to keep telling myself that is what they were put in for, .......no matter how many times I do this it is always a hard day.

Hi all! So all but 1 egg has veins!! So it looks like I will have 11 babies come december 3rd!! This last egg, I'm not sure what to think of it. You can't see the yolk as well/or at all like the other ones. But when I move it around, it looks like there might be an eye or something....but not prominent veining....what to think....what to think...opinions please!

BTW, I still want a turkey...LOL!!

Hi all! So all but 1 egg has veins!! So it looks like I will have 11 babies come december 3rd!! This last egg, I'm not sure what to think of it. You can't see the yolk as well/or at all like the other ones. But when I move it around, it looks like there might be an eye or something....but not prominent veining....what to think....what to think...opinions please!

BTW, I still want a turkey...LOL!!

If you aren't sure... give it some more time.

Chickencowranch, I have my runs covered completely with protection from predators and 1/2 roofed so that they have dry (somewhat) ground when it snows and rains.

Awww Wingstone... yer a good turkey Momma. I've got some Orpington Roos that simply MUST go....but they are so stinking beautiful I'm having a hard time committing to having them processed.

Pentamom: In my world, if it doesn't stink, it stays.

Momma2my, oh yes! You MUST join the NYD hatch, it's the most fun EVER. Plus...I don't wanna be the only one scrapping chicken poo off my basement floor come March
wink.png

And Guess who finally decided to hatch!! I can not believe 3 days AFTER her hatch mates, this silly chick is finally out of her shell. I don't think she's out of the woods...I'll pop her under broody Momma tonight after she settles and hope for the best.

It's BLUE, right?? If it looks black to you, it's probably your computer screen. Leave me in my denial, I'm happiest here.

Momma2my, oh yes! You MUST join the NYD hatch, it's the most fun EVER. Plus...I don't wanna be the only one scrapping chicken poo off my basement floor come March
wink.png

And Guess who finally decided to hatch!! I can not believe 3 days AFTER her hatch mates, this silly chick is finally out of her shell. I don't think she's out of the woods...I'll pop her under broody Momma tonight after she settles and hope for the best.

It's BLUE, right?? If it looks black to you, it's probably your computer screen. Leave me in my denial, I'm happiest here.

SO cute!!!

I am thinking about joining... but I think the only eggs I will have will be a brahma/orptington cross.... SILLY chickens!!

Back
Top Bottom