Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Chickencowranch, I have my runs covered completely with protection from predators and 1/2 roofed so that they have dry (somewhat) ground when it snows and rains.

Awww Wingstone... yer a good turkey Momma. I've got some Orpington Roos that simply MUST go....but they are so stinking beautiful I'm having a hard time committing to having them processed.

Pentamom: In my world, if it doesn't stink, it stays.

Momma2my, oh yes! You MUST join the NYD hatch, it's the most fun EVER. Plus...I don't wanna be the only one scrapping chicken poo off my basement floor come March
wink.png

And Guess who finally decided to hatch!! I can not believe 3 days AFTER her hatch mates, this silly chick is finally out of her shell. I don't think she's out of the woods...I'll pop her under broody Momma tonight after she settles and hope for the best.

It's BLUE, right?? If it looks black to you, it's probably your computer screen. Leave me in my denial, I'm happiest here.
it is blue it is blue

well tomorrow is turkey processing day, a little depressed today and having to keep telling myself that is what they were put in for, .......no matter how many times I do this it is always a hard day.
i will be up sunday for 3. i will do the deed. if you want me to.

Last edited:
well tomorrow is turkey processing day, a little depressed today and having to keep telling myself that is what they were put in for, .......no matter how many times I do this it is always a hard day.
I have a ton of people asking me if I have fresh turkeys...that may have to be in the works for next year. And looking at wizbanger plans...

Between you guys and now the folks at the hospital ya'll would have me filling acreage up quick. Got asked to raise pigs, organic chickens, on top of a new bunch wanting eggs weekly and this is all on top of working the business as well as at the hospital and having time for a relationship and kids....and well sleep in there somewhere.

Oh yeah ....and I forgot the one doctor asked if I have goats. I believe my pen building won't be over for a while. Heck the one doc wants fresh chickens, as in him and his wife come out and kill them themselves and take them home. Guess I need a sacrificial pen like Wingstone
big_smile.png
. A pen for the meat committed, or condemned roos

me too. i got a call from a store in Va. who want all the bird meats. plus the eggs. we all got to get together and plan this. i am thinking of full timing this. people are starting to ask and ask. i don't have all the room. pm me if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom