Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
  2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    LMAO...made deviled eggs for a birthday party tonight...everyone was raving about them. I told them they need to start with FRESH (well as fresh as you can use for hardboiled) eggs from chickens who have SEEN and PLAYED in the outdoors! LOL

Can't wait to get the Thanksgiving bird from Wing tomorrow!

3. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    we have a commercial one on order for spring, although plucking is time consuming it is more the weight of turkeys that is tiring, 20 pounds might not sound like much till you have to handle it allday.

and you guys are right about business picking up, in the last 6 months I can not keep up with demand, maybe society is finally realizing the difference in home grown...I have ducks sold and I don't even have them yet, and people asking about cattle and hogs...

really the human body only needs a couple hours of sleep, just do not stop at red lights, had that happen a couple weeks ago, rudely awakened by the car behind me, went to the vfw for dinner and got asked to leave for passing out and I wasn't even drinking.

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Careful with all those meat plans,,,In Pa you have to process on the farm and must be picked up by the consumer, some rules apply to the eggs also, but you can sell them the carton and give the eggs for free..[​IMG]

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    The weekend is FINALLY here! Why is it that short weeks always seem so LONG??

What are your plans for the weekend?

I am hoping to meet up with RoPo at the dog park so our overgrown fur kids can romp a while. Hubby is working on making me a bigger coop (go figure...) and I am going to reband my new silkies and take lots of pictures!

Whatever your weekend plans, I hope you all have a good one!

6. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
  7. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

I tried growing mushrooms like 3 months ago (i'm still waiting for them to do something..LOL) and they aren't growing. I don't know what I did wrong. I may try again soon. I was trying to grow portabella.

I love the "If it doesn't stink method! LOL!!"

8. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Well, the morning was interesting as the gang got used to the new pair. I even had a JG flirting with Shadow! After the cock fight, he went inside, and hid. I saw a black bird run inside, and cuddle up to him. I thought it was Midnight until I saw another black pullet with a green sheen walk in. The JG have a blue sheen. Sure enough, when she came closer, I saw it was in fact Midnight. [​IMG]Shadow is the new favorite roo! That was fast!
    I will keep going out to be sure all is well, but I think it is. I have a picture of Red and Shadow standing three feet apart. No one else around.
    NothingBB, Shadow did take down the other roo, Rocky. THAT was funny! Not as funny as Shadow hiding from a bunch of chicks, though.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Yeah I had my supervisor ask me about raising hogs. I never even considered the doctors. We have residents that come from all over the world and never thought about it.

Sleep I understand. I can't wait for the mycellium to run.(the mushroom plant body....the mushroom is the flower or fruit)

10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    The one doc wants me to raise him and his wife chickens, goats and beef. And they come to the house and make the cut and take it home. I'm kinda intrigued my the other cultures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by