Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I am having an egg shortage myself! These chicks are OEs as the Marans, Orpingtons and Banty Cochins are not laying AT ALL. As in Nada, Zero. And now my EEs have completely stopped, all of a sudden! Someone on a different thread thought perhaps the hurricane has stressed them and thrown them off laying.

And on a completely different note.... My DS is going to his first formal dance tonight. It's Cotillion...the closet I've ever been to a Cotillion dance is watching Alphalfa and Darla at one on The Little Rascals. I'm so nervous for him I am making myself sick. Arrrrgh!

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Awwww!!! Take LOADS of pictures!! and breathe Mama!!

3. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Aww hope your ds has a wonderful time. Congrats on the last little chick n hope he/she makes it!!

4. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Mama, give in, and do the New Year hatch. You have a few weeks to order some eggs from Meyer ... or whoever. Start on the breeds you wanted in the Spring, and you will have them breeding sooner.
    I just freaked out my new Ameraucanas. They were sleeping (boy, it gets dark early!!) and I flipped on the garage light, and grabbed them. They are still getting used to me, and I put them in the big coop. Everyone wish me luck! Red (the bad boy) has calmed down now that Rocky is maturing. He has no problem with Rocky chasing the girls, and has even begun mating again himself. I think he will be fine with Shadow, but will Shadow (the new guy) be okay with anyone going near Midnight (his girl)?
    I will be up early to be sure to keep an eye on things when everyone wakes up.

5. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    if anyone needs eggs for the NYD hatch i can probably get you eggs as long as you pay the shipping
    i have 2 EEs over 2 black sex links 2 production reds 1 barred rock 3 white plymouth rocks. i also have a pair of cayuga mallrad mix ducks laying i get an bluish greenish egg a day. silkie eggs. button quail eggs

6. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

So who all is going to the CPT course in Lancaster on Dec 3rd besides Blarney and I ????

7. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

I would be in the same boat as you. I get too attached to my birds. :(

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I wish I could make it, but I need to be here to get my kids off the bus. I could only do it on a weekend.

9. nothingbutbirds

nothingbutbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    i dont think shadow should bother anyone he was always a wimp when i had him. i brought my baby d'uccles out (4wks) for the first time outside and brought them into the pen he was in he comes over sticks his face directly in one of my pullets face and she out of curiosity grabs hold of his comb and tugs it. He completely freaked out screaming and running the other way with a very confused chick trying to figure out what she had done. He never went near them again . every time i brought them out after that he went and hid on the roost.

10. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    [​IMG] That is too funny! Thanks for making me feel better. I had planned on keeping them in their own coop, but until I build it (DH talked me out of it!) I want them to have room to get outside. Besides, the motorcycle scares the crap out of them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by