Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    You are all enticing ME to get involved in this!!! LOL chicken math?!?! Why don't they warn you of that when you buy your first little darling peeps?!?! however, I think my husband might divorce me if I tell him I want to try hatching my own eggs! [​IMG] I thought he was gonna kill me when the 2nd bunch I got couldn't mix with the 1st... leading to him building an awesome coop and then having to close in the pavillion for a barn/coop for the others! [​IMG] I can't imagine what he'd say if I told him I wanted more.... LOL

2. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally..Thank you, also, I read your post, on "detached..- air" in the incubating/hatching forum..so much info!! I am really getting into this..oh-no[​IMG]...haha. I have a bunch of reading to do, make myself more familiar with it all, until I'm ready.

3. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

I keep the "eye-rolls" and "uh, and where is THAT going"..heehee[​IMG]

4. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I have 2 Little Giant still air. Once I got the temperature set I have not had any problems with them. I have one with an egg turner and then they go to the hatcher.

My husband is anti chicken but won't say anything because he thinks that allows him to buy whatever he wants [​IMG] That also means that he doesn't help me make anything and I am just not that ambitious. I think I am going to by myself a battery powered screw gun, then I don't have to worry about running extension cords all over the place...anyone have a good recommendation?

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
  6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

OH BUT you can be really smart about this chicken thang........

I asked my hubby questions about a homemade incubator I was looking at online, and very stupid questions that I very well knew the answers for, lol but I started to intruige him and then he saw me watching those videos in the cooler bator article as well and then was all into making one!!! LOL

Sucker punched he was and didnt know it!! shhhhhh Chad if you say anything to him I keel you!! HA!

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Keep your batteries charged!! [​IMG] go girl...

8. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I just figured it out! Ray (did anyone ever hear from him?) has BCM, and that is what I want. Once I get a broody, I can take the bike down to him, and get eggs! I know I will have to get an incubator eventually, but I only want a small one. [​IMG] Just for emergencies.
    All this talk about eggs finally got my brain working. It was that, or stop by Meyer Hatchery on my way to see my sister or mother.
    Then again, Ray, Sally, and Chad aren't to far out of the way for my Jersey relatives that could bring the chicks in the car ...[​IMG] Now I know how to get what I want, I want it NOW!

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    e h

Come get a few of Chads/Rays Roo I just hatched! I probably will only keep a few anyway.

I dont have room for all of them! if you want peeps in the house over winter that is!

10. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    You guys are just cracking me up tonight with all this hatching business..
    [​IMG]
    You will never stop once you catch the hatching bug

never let hubby read over your shoulder, they ask to many questions, then won't help you build things when they know you can do it yourself.

sally if you are that determined to have serama, I have a couple you could get....hubby makes fun of them because the pigeons in the silo are bigger then they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by