Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Those are JUST what I am looking for!! Let me know when everyone is laying again. I am in no rush. Hubby is almost finished with the silkie/LF coop. BTW, love the pup sneaking in the picture, lol!

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    If I had built it onsite it may have been easier. I built it on the flat to make sure it was racked and square. Than moved it with the skidloader. Building the production coup onsite. It's taller and has a 10 hole nesting box in it with plenty of roost space. It's gonna be on the backside of that one. (can see the lumber leaning against the wall in the back of the picture) I found a wooden screen door with plexiglass inserts in a yard on my way back from Lebanon with a FREE sign on it. PERFECT walk in door for the coup! (just have to take the pigs off of it and replace with appropriate animal signage)

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LOOK bator station ready! Bators all cleaned and bleached packed and running for new serama eggs!! I am to get a batch today and then the other person said next monday... ugggg, two bators AGAIN, but they are up and holding well!
    DID ANYONE SAY ADDICTION? Harmony was like "Mom sterilize the candler too" [​IMG] really? Miss Messy 8 year old !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bigger Brooder CHECK!!! with some supervision our daughter Summer 12 and little guy Lucas 5 made it, (mom had to do the cutting of course)
    But they did awesome, and actually had a great time building it, they wanted to color the brooder with markers, they only have the top finished,
    I said no when they went to start coloring the inside, LOL..... Dont want those peeps drunk on fumes! ITS HUGE 4.5' x 3'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below is a pic of the one half, they venture over to the other side too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    REMIND ME ~ NO MORE SHIPPED EGGS!!!! NO NO NO

My 1st set of serama came [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I HATE the USPS!!! I have nooooo luck!

2 are totally smashed, 1 is cracked in half, and 4 have hairline cracks on the ends!!!
    I put some wax on them to salvage and at least see if that works, but they are pretty bad.

Candle showed 6 with rolling air cells : ( I swear its one of the main USPS stations close by that it happens at!!

They were packaged well! But now the box is a mess, how in the world did the runny escape her packaging I have no clue, but it was sticky thats for sure!

6. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Do they treat chicks as roughly, or is it different because they are living, chirping animals?
    I know I would not trust my P.O. with eggs. I don't even trust them with the mail!

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I never and will NEVER order chicks in the mail!! I cant even imagine!! poor little peeps!!

8. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

taking me forever to get caught-up on everything here...Wow Sally, you have some awesome coops, great ideas. Thinking when the whole chiken-math kicks in, will need to make one of those..really great! Pentamom, nice brooder. Is everyone hatching eggs...I am really missing out here..hmmm...need to rethink this whole "not starting with chicks" thing. Looks like ALOT of fun!![​IMG]

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    yes hatch hatch!!! you have a bator?

10. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I am so sorry Sally! Good luck with the ones that remain. I hate shipping in eggs to, but there are just so many cool breeds out there. I can't resist!

[​IMG] To the all coops and brooders. They are all awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by