Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Everyone has them. Heck I bought two of them at Big Lots.

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    If u want a few chicks I know who just hatched a bunch to keep with her!! LOL

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I still cant believe how fast they are growing too!!! my 2nd hatchings [​IMG]
    the new little light one that just hatched from your eggs has alot of spots already. : ) and the black have alot of white on them belly necks wings ...???????????? they are adorable!

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

6. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I'm interested to see how they develop. And the females bred with a different BCM roo. They should all end up being good layers. The comets start laying at 16-20 weeks.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    And if you don't want them all they would always have a home over here. Like I said bred with a different roo so as to not have inbred babies. They should make some stronger laying dark egged babies.

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    X2 on the Red Light. I noticed an obvious difference in their behavior.

Wingstone: I agree that it depends on your broody Momma and the overall temperment of your other chooks. I've noticed with mine that their rank in pecking order plays a big part in it. Also, how many chicks she has to watch over, probably with just the one to defend and chase after, she may do ok. I move my broodys out now, moslty because we have the broody hutches to put them in and I've found more than one newly hatched chicks dead in the main coop. It is heartbreaking.

PentaMom, there was a BYCer from Maine that hatched out chicks during the NYD Hatchalong last year. She said she put them outside at 6 weeks no matter the weather. I was very surprised and asked her about it, she has a whole regimen that she follows and sent me a PM describing it, I'll have to look to see if I still have it, and then if I can copy and paste it. My computer skills are seriously lacking, I blame it on age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by