Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Oh okay...yeah I have those lol

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    2 yo is youngest of 5, all but one of those is a boy...being nice is difficult, LOL!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Serama Eggs ~ Throwing OUT the weighing AND the marking of the air cells!! Toooo much thinking involved with that!!!

on a serious note ~ our first 11 serama eggs in the bator yesterday...... getting another doz monday for the other bator, as these have alot of rolling air cells. SHIPPED eggs Whats the difference between Malasian and American Serama?? LOL

Quick tips on incubating these? 99.5 with 40/45% humidity until day 18? then up to 60/65% ?

So far I have read that DRY INCUBATION METHODS dont work for serama or smaller bantams.....
    sooooo I think I will do the 40/45% humidity until day 18, then up to 60/65% I hope this is right, I asked in a serama thread I found, we shall see what replys I get, in the meantime I will hold to the above.....

4. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I have three girls and if you throw the GF's in there its 4 girls...2, 7, 10, and 12 I understand! lol

5. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Never. I am currently thinking about this possibility since I'm done driving for the day....It's been super stressful here...

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    dry incubation works best for me even with serama, depending on the time of the year, and how much moisture is allready in the room........ok everyone will now know i am nuts but here is how I do it,,,,,My spare room after the kids all moved was turned into a chicken room one side has indubators and hatchers, and chad this is also where the fodder trays are kept,,,on a plant stand with trays underneath to catch what drips,,,,,this also keeps moisture in the room for the incubators, if I added water to those trays it would shoot the humidity to high.
    sally you reall can only take little things from others, since everyone's house and incubators are different,,,you have to find what works for you.

chad we use to haul pigs in to market in a truck just like yours, of course you would have to clean the back out first, simple wooden sides was all we put on and just removed and hosed out when done.

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    If you do not mind shipping chicks out of ohio, I was told to check a place called fancy chicks, haven't checked it out yet but they were highly recommended by lots of people.

8. Chicky Dee

Chicky Dee Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Have any of you dealt with http://www.hhpoultry.com/ ? I think I bought from them, but it was a craigslist ad and I am not 100% sure. I was thinking about ordering from them in the spring.

9. Pentamom

OH!! Goats?! We were just talking about goats. I have a lot of wild raspberries I need out, and I hear goats are great for that. But then again, I hear chickens are just as good...thoughts??

10. Pentamom

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by