Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    They are SO cute!!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
  5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Mama, mine are gonna be Mutts...but you're welcome to some hatching eggs....

Blarney, that picture reminded me of a story.

When I lived in NJ at my parents, my sister calls me at work one day. "There's a goat on the porch." Now you have to understand....my parents live 1 block off Route 9, for those actually originally from PA, Route 9 is a decent sized highway. In the Lancaster area, it would be like being 1 block off 30. So of course, my reply is, "There is NOT a goat on the porch, you need a life." "No, seriously, there's a goat on the porch!" was her reply. We went round and round. I finally put my boss on the phone with her, and she told him the same thing. So I asked her to send me a pic on my cell phone. There was a goat on the front porch! We lived in a development of 2 blocks by 2 blocks, and knew none of the neighbors had a goat. So she called animal control and they came and took the goat. About 2 hours later, the Mexicans who lived in the single house out in the middle of the gravel pit come looking for their goat! There are still pics playing as the screensaver on my mom's computer of the toy poodle checking out the goat!

6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

My hens have pretty much quit laying, no artificial light, etc. All first year pullets. I was surprised this morning when I found a pulley egg. I know it's he first, since all my eggs are brown, until now. Finally, an EE pulling her weight! Worth the wait, to me. All my others lay light brown. [​IMG]

8. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

They are adorable, are you planning on breeding or are they strictly pets??

9. PAchickengirl

PAchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania
    Nice! How old was the EE? My girls are about 6.1/2 mo old and my PBR's just started laying. I have 2 EE's. my husband wants to see a blue or green egg..... LoL. The chickens are my project, so I am surprised at his interest!

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    How did it go with the hatch? did I miss it with all the chaos? ps sorry if I forgot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by