Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I would love some blacks from you at some point! I have 10 lav amers and lav cuckoo amers due this week also. Plus EEs and some Bantam NN! I can’t wait for the bantam NNs! :love

I would love some blacks from you at some point! I have 10 lav amers and lav cuckoo amers due this week also. Plus EEs and some Bantam NN! I can’t wait for the bantam NNs! :love
Sure! I will trade you for a couple of lavender cuckoo chicks. My plan with them is to make cuckoo by crossing to blacks, then use those to make pure ameraucana black sexlinks.
I have 2 pens producing blacks, a pen of pure show-type blacks that originated from John Blehm (this pen is all chicks from him, so the chicks they produce are F1 from his stock).
The other pen has blacks split to lavender hens (also direct from John), but the roo is a lavender silkied, so all chicks are split for both lavender and silkied, including any blacks.

Sure! I will trade you for a couple of lavender cuckoo chicks. My plan with them is to make cuckoo by crossing to blacks, then use those to make pure ameraucana black sexlinks.
I have 2 pens producing blacks, a pen of pure show-type blacks that originated from John Blehm (this pen is all chicks from him, so the chicks they produce are F1 from his stock).
The other pen has blacks split to lavender hens (also direct from John), but the roo is a lavender silkied, so all chicks are split for both lavender and silkied, including any blacks.

I did hatch a black cuckoo split chick last hatch. We were planning on keeping it if it is a girl for my OE pen, but I will let you know if more hatch this batch too! Then you can save a step!

Yep, that is the broody puff for sure! Looks like she is aiming for a 5 egg spread, lol. I bet within a day or two she will be parked there overnight....

She laid another egg today, but was making the soft broody clucking noise! And it just so happens that I got two turkey eggs today, so another girl is laying. If she seems set for a few days, I will let her hatch some turkey eggs. I just texted the gentleman I got them from, and he said they are good broodies and mothers...

I'm having the opposite issue. My CCL are hatching great, with great pullet to cockerel ratios but there is ZERO demand for them so far this year :/

I forgot you had CCLs too! :drool Whenever you are ready for seramas... ;)

Spring must be in the air, because I’m pretty sure my Ayam Cemani girl has gone broody. She has seemed normal until today, but this morning, I noticed she ran and squawked at something that upset her. You know it, when they charge all floofed up, head down, growling...

Sure enough, she’s been in the nesting box all day.... :rolleyes:

First broody hatch of the season for me already, 2 hatched this morning, she has another egg, I'm not sure if it hatched yet or not. Another is on 5 eggs, 2 more I keep taking eggs from. It's too early girls!!! :he
WP_20180302_15_59_46_Pro.jpg

Oh I'm ready lol. I could probably ship some turkey eggs out to you, not this Monday but the next Monday. If you want CCL too, it might have to be the week after since I have an order that someone wants sent next weekend.

Whenever is good for you. Maybe a mixed dozen? I'll pm you.

Just finished setting 360 eggs in the incubators. Also candled several hundred eggs. The 22 Aussie Spotted ducks are now down to 7 that have ducklings developing. I'm thinking the 17 eggs they laid were the infertile ones and they are all fertile now. :fl

Back
Top Bottom