Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Are these the ones I brought to you, via the chicken train?

My old Bielefelder chicken that was bleeding last night has to go. She must be sick, which is why they were picking on her. She only wanted to drink a lot this morning, even with being offered mealworms. She has been picked on for a while, but I thought maybe it was just the turkeys. Now I’m not so sure. I hate when I know I have to euthanize.
Yes. Blaze was such a good looking boy. I’m so sorry he’s gone. It was just one of those freak deaths. Full crop, even breathing. I had him warm, and we watched television (“One Day at a Time” Maybe we should have watched “Blaze and the Monster Machines” :confused: ). Anyway, A.J. is looking good now. He was just slow to mature.

Sorry about your girl. :hugs

We are at full pancake broody! :p

WP_20180303_12_27_28_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20180303_12_27_28_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180303_12_27_28_Pro.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 1
Poor girl! I hope she has a quick recovery. Great news on having a 'productive' turkey too. Doesn't look too snow covered there, and about the same here. It was just the terrible blustery winds!

Yeah, I woke up here today without power & still without. I was looking forward to finishing up the last of the taxes, I was able to finish everyone's but 1. *sigh* No trees down here, at my home, but a few came down at the estate I do work at. I just got done with all the felling & chipping 2 wks ago. Lol. Annnnnd the main sewer line busted at the estate, so been clearing out brush & digging for that.

There's a chick class I want to attend tmrw at Primex Garden Center, where I'm waiting for my chicks to arrive. I won't attend if I can't shower 1st!! Please power, come on. I know the things in the refrigerators will be OK, as they weren't opened at all & I have plenty of ice jugs in there as common practice. Hope everyone else made out alright too!

Whew! What a weekend! I went to that Primex class a few years ago before I got chickens. I believe it was in Glenside. The woman there was very kind and although I forget her name, I do remember some of her great advice. I hope you made it. Also, if you ever want to take a trip to the countryside, you’re welcome to make a visit out to my place and I can show you the ropes.

Those of you who are now raising turkeys - are these for eggs, meat, or just fun?

The only egg I got today, March 2, very fitting, was the green one!

Thinking about the breeds I'd like when Niko goes broody, Silver or Lav Ameraucana, Lav Orp, CCL are the 3 I'm leaning towards. She goes broody the end of April, it seems. Any of you likely to have eggs for sale then?

I raised my turkeys with the intention of breeding them for food, and because @dheltzel so highly recommended them as being so friendly and social. I don’t know that I could butcher my own, I like them so much. I plan instead now to breed them and sell their poults. I will keep the ones I have for comic relief. They are so funny, but also naughty. I would recommend that you not have them if you only have a small piece of land, as I had previously. We had a small .23 acre lot on the suburbs. I was barely able to keep chickens there.

So my Bielefelder girl that I thought I was going to have to euthanize must have heard me talking about her. She laid an egg! Perhaps she was just being bullied, and needed a little break. I will be having a separate pen for the Bielefelder in the future, so they won’t have the problem of being bullied by the more dominant girls.

I’m so glad she is doing okay!

So my Bielefelder girl that I thought I was going to have to euthanize must have heard me talking about her. She laid an egg! Perhaps she was just being bullied, and needed a little break. I will be having a separate pen for the Bielefelder in the future, so they won’t have the problem of being bullied by the more dominant girls.

I’m so glad she is doing okay!
:wee:clap
That is great news!

Those of you who are now raising turkeys - are these for eggs, meat, or just fun?

The only egg I got today, March 2, very fitting, was the green one!

Thinking about the breeds I'd like when Niko goes broody, Silver or Lav Ameraucana, Lav Orp, CCL are the 3 I'm leaning towards. She goes broody the end of April, it seems. Any of you likely to have eggs for sale then?
I should have both Ameraucanas and of course, Legbars, whenever you want them.

Back
Top Bottom