Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My father’s family lived in Reading. They changed the farm his sister owned to a Birdsboro address when they were updating the 911 system. The only living relatives are two male cousins that own pieces of the farm.
The main farm went to my uncle’s first two (or three) children. I always thought I’d get married at the farm, and own it someday. I was already married when my aunt passed, but .... well, I didn’t really have a wedding. :duc

Hi, does anyone make hen saddles? Prices? A few of my girls don't look great. Darn that rooster :rant

I do! $8 each for LF, $6.50 for bantam, $12 for turkey sized, free shipping. Denim backed and patterned top to look nice. I also scotch guard to protect from rain and weather :) I only have pictures of the turkeys with their saddles on, on my phone.

IMG_20180520_123434.jpg
IMG_20180520_123311.jpg
IMG_20180414_085106.jpg
IMG_20180325_200647.jpg
IMG_20180520_123048.jpg

I do! $8 each for LF, $6.50 for bantam, $12 for turkey sized, free shipping. Denim backed and patterned top to look nice. I also scotch guard to protect from rain and weather :) I only have pictures of the turkeys with their saddles on, on my phone.

View attachment 1398678 View attachment 1398685 View attachment 1398682 View attachment 1398697 View attachment 1398698

Wonderful! I had my chicken, Fluffy, in the house for a long time in the past and had ordered a XL diaper thing for her and it was still too tight for her. She's outside now but hides in the coop. I hope a saddle will help her. I'd like to be able to measure her so we're sure the saddle would fit. She's a fat girl! Please let me know where to measure her, and how to pay you. I also have some other hens with messed-up backs so I'll be ordering more than just the 1.

I don't know if I should lock up the rooster? Or clip his nails? He has a few favorite hens...

Wonderful! I had my chicken, Fluffy, in the house for a long time in the past and had ordered a XL diaper thing for her and it was still too tight for her. She's outside now but hides in the coop. I hope a saddle will help her. I'd like to be able to measure her so we're sure the saddle would fit. She's a fat girl! Please let me know where to measure her, and how to pay you. I also have some other hens with messed-up backs so I'll be ordering more than just the 1.

I don't know if I should lock up the rooster? Or clip his nails? He has a few favorite hens...

I accept PayPal. My LF saddles have fit some pretty large girls. I haven't found aa hen that they didn't for yet :) If you want, you can measure from between the tops of her wings to the base of her tail.

anyone having problems with coons? i lost all but two of my 12 or 15 chickens over the winter while gone(grand-daughter taking care of them) and we just got back from the dr's and my husband came in from getting mail and said theres a big coon walking in the yard, well don't know if it was sick or not but its no longer walking, just hoping if it was sick that it didn't have fleas, dogs have their shots but not sure if our house pig has a rabies shot when he got his other shots

Wow! You're really right up my alley then lol. I'd kill to have a farm honestly. Just the backyard is starting to get old.
I dream of the property, but can’t do it alone. Then again, maybe a change will get me more into maintenance. :confused:
Doesn’t matter. I’m here, and here I will stay. :old
anyone having problems with coons? i lost all but two of my 12 or 15 chickens over the winter while gone(grand-daughter taking care of them) and we just got back from the dr's and my husband came in from getting mail and said theres a big coon walking in the yard, well don't know if it was sick or not but its no longer walking, just hoping if it was sick that it didn't have fleas, dogs have their shots but not sure if our house pig has a rabies shot when he got his other shots
Well, that’s disturbing!

Back
Top Bottom