Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

There are more than 3 people, but probably not a lot more. They are "super rare" and unlikely to become popular. I hatched some for a customer that is likely to start breeding them locally, so if you like them and need more for any reason, let me know. These are blue/black/splash, but some carrying the mottled gene, they are hoping for a blue mottled at some point.
well, guess i can be added to the list, at least for now, may end up hating them, will see but will keep you and friend in mind if i do end up liking them, i like the feathered feet, have a few cochins that i just bought as chicks, bantams, also bought fertile eggs due to hatch next week, at least i hope so. had something come thru and kill all but two hens while i was in florida for the winter, granddaughter had no idea what to do so i lost all but one old hen and one young half cochin/brahma cross , i was heartbroken and didn't know if i wanted to try again but i missed my chickens so here i go again

I've been working with the Marans thread to pick out a keeper from my abundance of boys. Looks like one came out on top :) Hercules gets the honor!

View attachment 1437488 View attachment 1437489

I also made a little trip the other day to meet up with @Nate Akeley and traded a couple Seramas ladies for this set little thing. Boy or girl, I've been dying for a blrw.

View attachment 1437490

This springs keeper chicks are growing fast. I have 5 silkie feathered lavender ameraucanas doing well and getting fluffy and lots of silkies and Seramas. I have a few extra splash silkie and Serama chicks if anyone would like any.

View attachment 1437522 View attachment 1437508

The quail are doing great and growing fast. I should be seeing eggs before long though I have no clue if I have any boys lol

View attachment 1437525
i love it when the little boy quail stand up on their toes and hoo-hoo

Hi everybody! I've had a busy couple of weeks and had to catch up on all the posts. Plus, we've finally had some lovely weather so I've been outside as much as possible.

Today was a brooder shifting day. Some older chicks were moved out to the main coop, all brooders were cleaned and chicks rearranged based on their size. In a few days, another group will go outside. I think I have one more hatch due this week of chicken eggs then that should be it (besides the brahma eggs that are coming in the mail this week). All that's left are a few turkey hatches then I'm done for the season. Turkey fertility has been awful this year but I think my toms have been knocking each other off the hens before completing the deed. I have to remedy that for next year. Here are some pictures of the cool penciled poults that hatched this year, Phil and Lil.

View attachment 1428694 View attachment 1428695 View attachment 1428699 View attachment 1428707 View attachment 1428708

they are adorable! I wish I'd kept a few speckled poults for myself. I can always hatch them out later though.

Hi all! I'm new here, and I'm from Southeastern PA.

Welcome! I am in Upper Bucks County.

Was sad yesterday morning when I went out to Momma and the chicks and found the little GLW dead. I had been worrying about her as she was overall slower then the other chicks. It’s my first time losing a chick. I mean I only had her 3 days but I still hate losing her. On the hunt for a couple more chicks

It's so hard to lose the little ones! :hugs:hit

Blarney, I love your pictures!
I need to rent a goat for some brush that needs clearing out!

I was just thinking of asking my neighbors for a goat rental. Lots of poison ivy around here this year.

I have an African and a Chinese, both boys. I love them to death! They can be a bit loud at times but it's usually either in greeting or alarm. Sunshine (African) is the distant observer and territory defender. Lollipop (Chinese) is friendly and Social. He has to be in the middle of everything, helping with everything, and voicing his opinion on everything lol

Lollipop

View attachment 1432168
Sunshine

View attachment 1432174
Lollipop

View attachment 1432175

One of those cuties looks like a Calendar model! ;)

Geese would be more active protectors since they tend to be territorial. In my opinion, turkeys are more of a deterrent due to their size. But you can't beat a turkey for love and companionship! Bug feathered dogs!

X2! I have had very few hawk attacks since I have my turkeys wandering around.

Just a quick note to my friends here, I have surplus chicks to give away, trying to trim the flock down. Also royal palm turkey poults and some ducklings. Come get them if you want them . . .
I'm still selling to other people, this is just for people here on BYC. "While supplies last", of course.

Hhhmm... a sale on little peeps you say? :woot

Yeah, I lost my white hen to a hawk today. Poor thing.

:hugs

E91D3AC2-DADE-451D-B997-7A85728E2630.jpeg
I feel like such a jerk! I was taking my new dog for a bike ride the other day to help drain some energy out. We have done this several times before, and it has worked well. On Monday, I saw my neighbor walking his two dogs and they were barking and going nuts like usual.

I tried to keep my girl going at a good pace, but her leash must have been a little too loose and she was able to run in front of my bike where her back leg got stuck in my wheel. The poor girl has two fractures in her ankle. Next time I will be much more careful. Thankfully, she should only need a splint and some pain meds for a few weeks.

View attachment 1439314 I feel like such a jerk! I was taking my new dog for a bike ride the other day to help drain some energy out. We have done this several times before, and it has worked well. On Monday, I saw my neighbor walking his two dogs and they were barking and going nuts like usual.

I tried to keep my girl going at a good pace, but her leash must have been a little too loose and she was able to run in front of my bike where her back leg got stuck in my wheel. The poor girl has two fractures in her ankle. Next time I will be much more careful. Thankfully, she should only need a splint and some pain meds for a few weeks.

Poor girl... hope her recovery is speedy, I know she will have the best nurse :hugs

Back
Top Bottom