Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Every year, we're all going to die from Salmonella. :rolleyes::confused:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-warns-backyard-flocks-sicken-people-in-44-states/

I think I may have lost one of my Bourbon reds. She didn't come back to the coop last night, and she didn't show up this morning. It was raining pretty hard, so she may still be lurking somewhere.

@Auroradream26 Do you have any more fertile turkey eggs? I'd like to hatch some more out for myself and others, but I can't find where my girls will be laying. I should be putting up fencing this weekend, so that they cannot free range the whole yard.

It’s a miracle! I found her in my neighbors woods, along with some eggs she was sitting on. I will put a tracker on her, now that Inknow she is the wandering one. I came homes just as it was getting dark, and I thought it was a lost cause! :ya

C273A7AA-2C63-401F-BFCE-34A2557B8404.jpeg

Aretha had one duckling hatch, and not survive last week. Today she finally got up. She was still upset about me going near her nest. I ditched the eggs, and replaced them with three fresh eggs. If she goes back to sitting, at least it will be on something.
Janice got up last evening (day 27). Her eggs were bad too. That wasn’t a surprise since it’s been pouring so much, and she’s not really protected. If nothing else, the bloom was probably washed/rubbed off. She doesn’t seem to care though. It’s like she said, “rain again?!?!?! I’m done! The eggs are dead, and I am not laying here in the rain anymore!!!!”

Aretha had one duckling hatch, and not survive last week. Today she finally got up. She was still upset about me going near her nest. I ditched the eggs, and replaced them with three fresh eggs. If she goes back to sitting, at least it will be on something.
Janice got up last evening (day 27). Her eggs were bad too. That wasn’t a surprise since it’s been pouring so much, and she’s not really protected. If nothing else, the bloom was probably washed/rubbed off. She doesn’t seem to care though. It’s like she said, “rain again?!?!?! I’m done! The eggs are dead, and I am not laying here in the rain anymore!!!!”

Sorry they aren't having much luck setting in the miserable weather.... wonder if they would use a platform if you set one in their preferred zone, like a small pallet with a nest on it...just enough to keep them above the wet ground.

:
Sorry they aren't having much luck setting in the miserable weather.... wonder if they would use a platform if you set one in their preferred zone, like a small pallet with a nest on it...just enough to keep them above the wet ground.
No idea why she chose that spot. It wasn’t a normal laying spot. So many times I wanted to put something over her! I suppose if she ever tries it again, in the open, I’ll nove her. :lol: She yells, but doesn’t scare me like Aretha.

Back
Top Bottom