Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I went into the coop about half an hour ago, and found that the SPR boy I want is in there! :clap My coop makes birds magically appear! :lol:

:wee
So glad he is back!

My F1 Olive eggers (legbar x Welbar) started laying! Yes! The Marans started back up too. This spring, I'll be crossing the olive eggers the Marans to give me F2 linked Olive eggers. I'm excited to play with the egg and see how they turn out!

View attachment 1596386 View attachment 1596387

Beautiful! Looking forward to seeing how your birds do for hardiness, the lavender Americanas weren't as good as we were used to from the plymouth rocks, we only have one hen left out of 4 at 3 years, though one was hit on the road, so she doesn't count. The roosteers did well though, of course! LOL

My F1 Olive eggers (legbar x Welbar) started laying! Yes! The Marans started back up too. This spring, I'll be crossing the olive eggers the Marans to give me F2 linked Olive eggers. I'm excited to play with the egg and see how they turn out!

View attachment 1596386 View attachment 1596387

these eggs look great!..this is what I am looking for this spring, something different.
I love all the colors , Bug will really enjoy it too!

Good night everyone...early morning awaits!:p
Have a wonderful ThanksGiving:highfive:

@LittleMissPurdy
View attachment 1596348

Crock Pot Pecan Pie
Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
3 hrs
Total Time
3 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 servings
Ingredients
• 1 refrigerated pie crust
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
• 1/3 cup melted butter
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or a combination of chopped and whole pecan halves

Instructions
0. Spray the inside of a crock pot with cooking spray.
0. Place pie crust in crock pot and mold it to fit the shape of the crock pit. (This is easier if you have a round crock pot instead of an oval one, but you can make do with an oval.)
0. Stir remaining ingredients together, except pecans, until mixed well.
0. Stir in pecans. Or, leave about half the pecans to arrange on top of the filling to make it look prettier.
0. Pour filling into pie crust. If you reserved some pecans, gently place them on top of the filling.
0. Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Don’t open the lid during baking. Once finished, allow to cool completely to avoid it falling apart.

This looks good...love pecans!! Easy-peasy too!:drool

:wee
So glad he is back!

Beautiful! Looking forward to seeing how your birds do for hardiness, the lavender Americanas weren't as good as we were used to from the plymouth rocks, we only have one hen left out of 4 at 3 years, though one was hit on the road, so she doesn't count. The roosteers did well though, of course! LOL

Oh no! That really stinks that they didn't do well. Mine are still flourishing. I think I've managed to improve the hardiness of the silkie feathered ameraucanas a little bit by crossing with the smooth. Let me know if you want to try again, I'll bring you some more eggs or babies!

these eggs look great!..this is what I am looking for this spring, something different.
I love all the colors , Bug will really enjoy it too!

Good night everyone...early morning awaits!:p
Have a wonderful ThanksGiving:highfive:

Thank you! I'm very excited with the color of this generation's eggs and can't wait to see the next!

@LittleMissPurdy
View attachment 1596348

Crock Pot Pecan Pie
Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
3 hrs
Total Time
3 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 servings
Ingredients
• 1 refrigerated pie crust
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
• 1/3 cup melted butter
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or a combination of chopped and whole pecan halves

Instructions
0. Spray the inside of a crock pot with cooking spray.
0. Place pie crust in crock pot and mold it to fit the shape of the crock pit. (This is easier if you have a round crock pot instead of an oval one, but you can make do with an oval.)
0. Stir remaining ingredients together, except pecans, until mixed well.
0. Stir in pecans. Or, leave about half the pecans to arrange on top of the filling to make it look prettier.
0. Pour filling into pie crust. If you reserved some pecans, gently place them on top of the filling.
0. Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Don’t open the lid during baking. Once finished, allow to cool completely to avoid it falling apart.

how do you get it out without tearing it up?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom