Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Sorry to hear of your family's loss. I hadn't been on this site for about a week.
My girls don't seem to mind rain, but snow makes them unhappy. We lost one of the lavs - one that I had a sneaking suspicion that it might have been a roo, it had a longer tail. It just was dead in the coop one morning this week. No sign of distress. It wasn't a racoon, altho we do have one in the neighborhood (until it gets in my husband's sights) that just this month got 5 of the next door neighbor's feral cats. Trash pandas will be eliminated.

Sunday night, the one rooster I wanted to keep didn’t come back to the coop. I hoped he just went off with the two “wild” roosters, and was probably okay. Last night my RSL didn’t come back. I have no hope for her.
I have all of my ducks, Steven the mutt, and a SLW. I need to figure out what my next step is.
I’ve put up two runs, and Steven figures out how to escape within a few days. It’s obvious that if I keep going with chickens, I need to either keep them inside all the time (they have room, it’s just not right) until I can erect a run with fencing buried into the ground, or incubate like crazy, and accept the losses.

Baby Face is getting along well.
Coming out of under mom.
0147CDF6-9E76-4879-84C4-B36263C94847.jpeg
Drinking out of the (clean)puddle.
53C5265C-D421-4B5E-9753-B28C9BFC2C52.jpeg

Hoping everyone is fairing well after the wonderful weather..and life..
*Fisher- I hope you are holding up well.:hugs
*Heart- Hope your 'ROOTS' day went well...it is only fun when you find extra money in your pockets, not extra chickens in the coop:smack
GDaughter & I had a blast on Friday in the snow. She wanted a snowman at first, then I had then idea of a horse..then a UNICORN!!:wee
So, we made a really cool unicorn together..doesn't look like one anymore now...kinda looks like a huge whale coming out of the ground:lol:..
it did have lots of detail, but the camera just couldn't pick it up with everything being white...
100_4700.JPG

100_4701.JPG
100_4706.JPG

Back
Top Bottom