Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    awwwww get better fast!!!! I have got to shove and get up and close them all up and feed and water.... ugggg dont wanna

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    YAYAYYAYAY!!!

3. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I have brahma out the butt!!! omg

I just had a surpise delivery of almost a doz eggs from a friend... gold laced cochin and light brahma SWEET but omg I dont want more, the marans are coming the marans are coming [​IMG]

Harmony has veining in some serama!!! how neat is that to see in such a white egg!!!! OMG!!! AWESOMENESS!!

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Day 7 and Harmony has veining in 6 of her serama eggs!! YAY how awesome is that to see those details in such a tiny white egg!!! AWESOMENESS!!

5. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

6. LittleMissPurdy

what-n-the heck is goin' on..everybody's sick?!!..I'm staying in[​IMG]

7. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

No, I haven't purchased the humidity tank. Honestly the hatches I've done so far have had good success rates without it. You keep a certain amount of water in it during the days before lockdown and then increase it for lockdown. I had one hatch already of 4 of 4 eggs set with little to no work from me other than keeping the little water area filled to the line. [​IMG]
    I am desperately trying to stay small with hatching. I have a Farm Innovators bigger styrofoam model with a turner and all, but I hate it. No success with it. I had trouble with the humidity levels, etc. Just bought it in the summer and it is sitting in the basement in its box. If I do cave and go bigger I am sticking with Brinsea and getting the 20 egg hatcher from them.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  8. LittleMissPurdy

Sound/look like Brinsea is a good brand....been talking things over w/DH, and he actually is making sense...this time...shhhhh, i did not say that! Anyway,going to hold off on the eggs/hatching adventure for now,[​IMG]...and stick to the "plan A"...find nice juveniles around spring..start that way, "better to lose a toe than a whole foot". Plus I just don't have the set-up for eggs; room, equipt.etc...I am also in the process of putting the coop together, adding shingles & other "things" to a "cookie-cutter" coop(one of those kits)..just trying to make it "better". I have kept the info.about the bators for future reference..maybe will even give a crack at building one ourselves...I have time, and alot of nice folks who give their knowledge freely, so things are still good [​IMG]..

9. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Purdy, I actually agree with your hubby. I went that route...and it helped me to get used to the chickens before deciding to incubate.

Sally WAHHH Why are those eggs soooo far away??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by