Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

BullChick

Enslaved by a Duckling
Premium member
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop
I’m jealous of you guys getting eggs.
I just finished looking back at all of my flock history from 8 years. I’ve never had pullets take so long to start laying. I’m still not expecting the older two (year old) to begin for two weeks. :oops: I think my girls hate me. They are only pretending to like me for the treats.

VictoriaTemple

Songster
Aug 27, 2018
Southern Chester County, PA
Are you kidding?! I have a possum that comes to my front porch every night for cat food. I don’t think he even considers it stealing, he thinks I leave it for him. I DON’T, I just keep forgetting to bring the cat food inside at night. He worries me, he’s bigger than my biggest cat. If he decided he wanted a chicken, I’m not sure even Hero could take him.🥺 Lord forgive me, but I’m gonna have to shoot that bugger.

OneMountainAcres

Smothered in Feathers
6 Years
May 14, 2013
Central, PA
Mindy got possum #3 for the year.. you would think the possum population would learn to avoid our little corner of the world but guess they aren't very bright.

I caught a big one in my trap the other day after DH found one of my young turkeys half eaten. Hope he enjoyed his last meal... I've been setting up the trap every night now. Possums have been all over the place here this past year :/

fisherlady

Crowing
7 Years
Dec 22, 2012
Northern Indiana County, Pennsylvania
Sorry to hear you lost a poult Jess, that sucks!

We have seen more possum in the past year than I remember for a long time, the last few winters have been pretty easy on wildlife and the population of possum and porcupine are showing it. Usually the possums just go after the feeders but they would take youngsters or eggs if they find an easy target. Mindy and Dillon don't wait to see what their intentions are and neither will I. I am just glad that porcupines haven't tried to check out the coops!

Top Bottom