Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Sigh.... I want to encourage you guys NOT to kill the possums. As long as your chickens are securely locked up at night, you should not have any issues with possums. They are only around because they are looking for food. I leave scraps outside for them (and the skunks and the raccoons). We have had no issues at all, ever. And we see those critters every night. They eat a ton of ticks, and they are basically immune to rabies!

Sigh.... I want to encourage you guys NOT to kill the possums. As long as your chickens are securely locked up at night, you should not have any issues with possums. They are only around because they are looking for food. I leave scraps outside for them (and the skunks and the raccoons). We have had no issues at all, ever. And we see those critters every night. They eat a ton of ticks, and they are basically immune to rabies!

I get that and honestly didn't care about them hanging around until I started losing birds. The first one was in the evening before the birds went to bed for the night. It was still plenty light out. I lost one of my favorite Orpington pullets that day. We do have a gap at the bottom of the turkey pen door and I know that's how I lost the poult the other day but i don't have time to properly fix it right now. The trap blocks that access perfectly.

Spring is on the way! My lemon balm is growing

Attachments

• 20200224_162424.jpg
    20200224_162424.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200224_162428.jpg
    20200224_162428.jpg
    695.1 KB · Views: 1
I really want an Ameraucana, since my son has cried several times that he cannot get his "Brownie" back. I wouldn't mind to take a couple more chicks. But I'll be at Dennis on next Friday 3/6, so I don't think the chicks will be there.

Last edited:
I really want an Ameraucana, since my son has cried several times that he cannot get his "Brownie" back. I wouldn't mind to take a couple more chicks. But I'll be at Dennis on Friday, so I don't think the chicks will be there.

I have ameraucanas, mostly silkie feathered, but they're still on strike too. If you want any later in the season when they're actually laying, just let me know!

I have ameraucanas, mostly silkie feathered, but they're still on strike too. If you want any later in the season when they're actually laying, just let me know!

That would be great! Thanks. My son will be so happy. I just cannot have roosters, so I'm not able to get them from Dennis. And it does not need to be a pure ameraucana, just a look-like one is good enough. :D

Back
Top Bottom