Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

TillyPeeps

Songster
Oct 13, 2015
Central PA
Aw, poor girls! Yes I'm sure they're very stressed since they've never been anywhere else and are used to running loose. I'm sure they'll calm down soon. I'm really surprised the polkie is picking on the ameraucana.... she's usually very mild mannered and sweet
They act normal today. Ameraucana girl still hides, but not pick her own feathers anymore. Sun stopped pecking her. Nobody touches mealworms though. They also wouldn’t eat the special treats, but eat feed good. Strange girls.

OneMountainAcres

Smothered in Feathers
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
May 14, 2013
Central, PA
They act normal today. Ameraucana girl still hides, but not pick her own feathers anymore. Sun stopped pecking her. Nobody touches mealworms though. They also wouldn’t eat the special treats, but eat feed good. Strange girls.
They must be on a diet! Silly girls!

TillyPeeps

Songster
Oct 13, 2015
Central PA
My girls hate mealworms too--at least the dried ones. Only a couple will go for bugs. I am hoping they all develop a taste for Spotted Laternflies!
That’s strange! All my girls from Dennis love mealworms. Our chickens actually hatched together at the same time. My silver Welbar looks identical to yours and she goes crazy for mealworms. The two little ones started to eat mealworms and treats today. I guess they finally start settling down. I also had a fan for them today and believe it helps them feel better.

Lelanae

Songster
Nov 3, 2015
South Eastern Pennsylvania
I do believe bugs are good for them. I will try again--usually, I use sunflower hearts or a wild bird mix with hulled sunflower and peanuts as scratch for an extra kick of protein--They LOVE that!!!

Top Bottom