Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. julnjake

julnjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    SW PA
    Quote:Last summer there was a bear at our place..... I had a 24 yr old horse and when I bought my new show horse the woman I got him from didn't know much about horses and said that my horse "killed" a pony, that they had put the two horses out together and then the pony had to be put down. Well then she continued to say the pony had already been injured and they suspected my horse had kicked the pony which caused him to go down and then have to be put down. They didn't know whether my horse really did anything or not. So I assumed all was safe and brought him home and put him in with my 24 yr old.

Well 3 houses down they sighted a bear and took pictures. About 3 days later Rebel (my new horse) had the 24 yr old running all over the pasture! Well at first I thought 'Great he is a danger to my other horse!' But as I watched him I told dh "Rebel has seen that bear! He isn't chasing Skip (24 yr old) he's 'running' him, like 'we're in danger and we have to get out of here'" Dh says "Noooo bears travels miles a day that bear is long gone!" Well wonder of all wonders what do you think we caught in our trash that night????!

Then about a week later the neighbors and I both swear she had a cub or cubs in the woods across the road. It sounded like a little one squealing and there was some major thrashing going on. But then we never saw or heard another thing. We live in McClellandtown.

As long as the bear doesn't hurt me or my kids or animals I don't mind them, its kind of cool and exciting. But also kind of scary! My dad's family is from Clarion Co. and theres lots of bears up there, no one has ever been hurt by one although we've all had SEVERAL run ins with them. They truly are terrified of humans, at least up there. They do wreak a lot of havock on trash and stuff. One up there got into someones pool and tore it to bits!
  2. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Go West Chester
  3. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

We'll have 2 incubators you can win at our Chinese Auction table at our Fall Poultry Show October 16 7am - noon, Fayette County Fairgrounds...
  4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I need one earlier, unless... What kind? hehehehe
  5. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    How do you join the Club? Do you have any Buff poultry breeders in the Club? Thanks,
    Karen in Ligonier
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  6. BackyardCountry

BackyardCountry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    My Own Little World....
    yeaaaa PA da best yo! [​IMG]
  7. toomanypeeps

toomanypeeps Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2011
    Southwest here too. A stones throw from Maryland.[​IMG]
  8. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I am in Chester County, PA! Pottstown to be exact! If anyone here is looking for silkies/showgirls or BLRWs I just posted a bunch for sale in the 8wk plus section as I am downsizing at the moment. We need to make a NE PA chicken get-together/sale/swap for the fall! [​IMG]
  9. julnjake

julnjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    SW PA
    Quote:must not be too far from me, I'm in Uniontown!
  10. cherlchickie

cherlchickie Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2011
    Southwestern PA
    A question: What bedding do you use in your chicken house? I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject....and just wondered what the general opinion is here? [​IMG] Also, do any of you use diatomaceous earth? Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by