Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

It's the bug season again! My salmon faverolle acted sick and was covered with mites yesterday. :sick Everyone got a Elector PSP bath last night. And sprayed the coop and run. Have to redo it in 10 days.

Thanks for the Elector PSP bath idea. So much easier than dust or spray every bird! Too bad I cannot do it in winter though.

I missed this somehow.... we usually powder puff them, or if more need treated hubby mixes up some permethrin/water mix in a 1 gallon pump sprayer and everyone gets a spritz on the butt fluff and back, he then treats roost boards and nest boxes. What is the PSP bath?

I missed this somehow.... we usually powder puff them, or if more need treated hubby mixes up some permethrin/water mix in a 1 gallon pump sprayer and everyone gets a spritz on the butt fluff and back, he then treats roost boards and nest boxes. What is the PSP bath?
Elector PSP contains Spinosad, which seems working better than permethrin for me and less poison. OneMountainAcres suggested to make a bucket full of Elector PSP and water (I use 9ml per gallon) and dip the birds in it. It's so much faster than spray or dust the birds individually. After the bath, I used the same mix to spray the coop and run. This method works great in summer and even help to cool them down. In winter, it's a different story. I have to blow dry every chicken! It takes me many hours to do it. So I usually just dust them.

Back
Top Bottom