Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Still wondering if anyone would be interested in a 5 month old Easter Egger roo. We have a crow collar on him to turn down his volume but I’m not sure how much longer we can get away with having him before the neighbors complain. Any leads or takers would be appreciated!View attachment 3262904
If you want him to have a "safe" home, try www.LastChanceRanch.org.
If you are ok with him maybe being eaten, you could put him into a livestock auction. I use Green Dragon in Ephrata, but there are others.

If you want him to have a "safe" home, try www.LastChanceRanch.org.
If you are ok with him maybe being eaten, you could put him into a livestock auction. I use Green Dragon in Ephrata, but there are others.
Thanks! I'll check them out and see if they have room to take him. He's a good enough bird, not aggressive or overly noisy, but is wary of people getting too close. He's just starting to crow more in the mornings so not sure how much longer the neighbors will tolerate him.

I love working out the genetics in my head for future breeding.
Thank goodness for folks like you who love and understand the in depth genetics...my head starts to hurt when I try to follow the in depth stuff. Most likely because I am a visual learner and do best when I start with very basics and build from there. Everyone has their 'niche'... now I can discuss house framing, construction, foundations and fishing all day, lol.

A man has roosters that peck people. All from the same genetic line. Each time, he picks up the rooster, and cuts off a toe. When all the toes are gone, he finally eats it. I call it abuse. I admit I’ve kicked a rooster a time or two, but when it continues past one or two times, I kill it (or called Fisherlady when I was still too wussy). I see it’s still not nice, but different. I also never breed from them just in case.

Am I too soft? Also, is it really a bad thing if the rooster is never actually attacking? My drake had to be kept from Duckling (the human child) each spring when he was in a randy mood. The nipping at my calves was just expected, stopped in a month or two, and avoided if I faced him.

A man has roosters that peck people. All from the same genetic line. Each time, he picks up the rooster, and cuts off a toe. When all the toes are gone, he finally eats it. I call it abuse. I admit I’ve kicked a rooster a time or two, but when it continues past one or two times, I kill it (or called Fisherlady when I was still too wussy). I see it’s still not nice, but different. I also never breed from them just in case.

Am I too soft? Also, is it really a bad thing if the rooster is never actually attacking? My drake had to be kept from Duckling (the human child) each spring when he was in a randy mood. The nipping at my calves was just expected, stopped in a month or two, and avoided if I faced him.
No, you aren't too soft. Your treatment of the flock is balanced and fair and places good behavior in an important spot for breeding on.
Someone cutting off the toes, in my opinion, is simply cruel and reflects poorly on the owner's ability to intelligently handle problems with his flock. Willingness to be cruel to an animal also reflects poorly on the man's morals and mental health, in my opinion.

Screenshot_20220928-073019.png

Back
Top Bottom