Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

You can look at Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys. THey have the majority of different turkey varieties in the US. Including some of the rarest ones! They have quality Bourbon Reds, Jersey Buffs, Self Buffs, Multiples varieties of Royal palms, multiple varieties of Narragansett, and much more!
Thank you for the reference. Unfortunately they don’t have any of the bourbon reds at this time but I will definitely keep them in mind for future ordering.

:woot :frowWelcome to all the newcomers!
from the mountains of Clinton Co.

OK dheltzel my brooder is empty, what is your price on shipping jumbo quail eggs?
Oh Boy..she is serious!!:lol::lol::pop

Finally got my new babies!!:love:love:jumpy
They are getting big!!
More are on their way tomorrow...finally gonna have those Buff Orps and even threw a couple Lavs in there for good measure!!:lol::lol:
Dh saw what beauties Brahams were and it looks like we are having a few of those in the mix also...didn't think I would have those in the coop..but here we are!!:wee:bun
Some baby pics...
105_3572.JPG

That is my favorite boy so far:love, we will see how he comes along.
105_3574.JPG

2- male blr wyandottes roosters, 1- copper marans, 2- silver wyandottes..a nice mix , until tomorrow. LOL!!
These littles are 13 days-ish old now...so will have 2 weeks between each chick set.
I will get updated pics of these guys, they are much more feathered-in now and active!
Thanks for space!!:D:bun:jumpy- Danielle

I have a silly question,
We finally got our Lav Orps, :love still waiting on the Buffs:p..they are on their way..anywho, these Lav orps are CRAZY!!!

:lau..seriously!!...they are the cutest chicks we think er have ever had BUT they are nuts..hahaha, ...is this a trait?????NUTTINESS????
Just would like to know if this is more behavior we will have to look forward to when the buffs get here...hahaha:p

..hahaha...Nuts as in..jumping around, rolling themselves around..literally, like little ninjas!..hahaha, they will intentionally jump onto the brahmas back, pull on their wings...they are little nutters!!:wee:gig, they are also the loudest babies we have ever babies we have ever had too..they are talkers.
I do have to say, when we put our hands in the bin, they come right over to jump into it and be held. They LOVE attention!!
I will get some pics, just been very busy.
Hope everyone and their fur and feather friends are all good too!
Have a great day,
Danielle

chick pics :love :jumpy :bun..
The BIG kids
105_3589.JPG

105_3583.JPG

105_3586.JPG

105_3591.JPG

105_3595.JPG

Please excuse the poopies & ALL the excessive food scattered. They have an issue with BIG pieces and they let us know by tossing it out of the feeder, which is most of the food:rolleyes::th..,they aren't picky or anything.
We can tell this is going to be a really sassy bunch.
The brahmas are NOT the issue, LOL...it's the wee-littles..LOL!!
The older group is doing well and stretching their wings and world now.
Awesome to watch them be what they are in the grass, finding bugs, trying things out for the first time.
Not the first time for us doing this, but it has been awhile since we did chicks.
Been going the pullet- route, but this has been a welcome change.
The males will be something new for us also, so I will have questions along the way.
We have time, although I have noticed the larger of the two "yawning" ...I know he is not doing that, but the motion of it.
He does make it apparent he is the leader already, which I thought was pretty impressive, but I don't know if that is normal for this age.
So any insight into the world of cockerel keeping would be highly appreciated!!
Thank you everyone for the space & time!!
Have an awesome day!!
Danielle

Hey all! From Southeast PA in Chester County (Glenmoore to be specific!)

Is anyone able to give this boy a home?

Maple is a Lavendar Ameraucana rooster who was supposed to be a hen… and unfortunately because he’s a rooster, we can’t keep him as we aren’t allowed to have roosters here. (Not to mention we don’t have the capability to care for him if he needed to be separated as he crows away from his hens and would upset my neighbors with that!) He was born May 30th - so he's just coming up to a year old right now and in the throes of Rooberty. I wish I could say he wasn’t aggressive (I’ve heard they calm down around a year) but even though we handled him every day and he can be the sweetest snuggler, he does have his moments and has tried to attack my kiddos (and occasionally adults). So this is a concern with young children especially. In the past I have just picked him up and walked him around and he will calm down – that has worked for me. Maple was rehomed about 2 months ago, but unfortunately it isn’t a good fit for him as this family also has a young child, so we need to find a new home for this boy.

Maple needs a home where he can be his rooster self. He’s a wonderful protector and provider for his hens, and he will let you hold and snuggle him too! He would be a great fit for those that do not have young children, but whom will also have patience for him. We love him dearly and would love to see him go to a good home – it’s heartbreaking for us as we are very attached! We would love to find a him a home that will not turn him into soup or cull him. ((In fact, if there is ANY possible way we could even come visit once in awhile, we would so appreciate that – as I said my children and myself truly love him, he has been like our “dog” in a sense. But of course, we understand if that is not possible.)

I’m so sad because I’m feeling desperate to find this boy a forever home that won’t put him down and I’m running out of time. Is anyone interested?

Attachments

• C15E6C2F-FB5C-4064-B08A-C53BEB2F445D.jpeg
    C15E6C2F-FB5C-4064-B08A-C53BEB2F445D.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4608.jpeg
    IMG_4608.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 6
Hey all! From Southeast PA in Chester County (Glenmoore to be specific!)

Is anyone able to give this boy a home?

Maple is a Lavendar Ameraucana rooster who was supposed to be a hen… and unfortunately because he’s a rooster, we can’t keep him as we aren’t allowed to have roosters here. (Not to mention we don’t have the capability to care for him if he needed to be separated as he crows away from his hens and would upset my neighbors with that!) He was born May 30th - so he's just coming up to a year old right now and in the throes of Rooberty. I wish I could say he wasn’t aggressive (I’ve heard they calm down around a year) but even though we handled him every day and he can be the sweetest snuggler, he does have his moments and has tried to attack my kiddos (and occasionally adults). So this is a concern with young children especially. In the past I have just picked him up and walked him around and he will calm down – that has worked for me. Maple was rehomed about 2 months ago, but unfortunately it isn’t a good fit for him as this family also has a young child, so we need to find a new home for this boy.

Maple needs a home where he can be his rooster self. He’s a wonderful protector and provider for his hens, and he will let you hold and snuggle him too! He would be a great fit for those that do not have young children, but whom will also have patience for him. We love him dearly and would love to see him go to a good home – it’s heartbreaking for us as we are very attached! We would love to find a him a home that will not turn him into soup or cull him. ((In fact, if there is ANY possible way we could even come visit once in awhile, we would so appreciate that – as I said my children and myself truly love him, he has been like our “dog” in a sense. But of course, we understand if that is not possible.)

I’m so sad because I’m feeling desperate to find this boy a forever home that won’t put him down and I’m running out of time. Is anyone interested?
Check out https://www.lastchanceranch.org

Back
Top Bottom