Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

For any residents in Lower Providence Township, you are about to lose your right to keep hens...
Township meeting July 20, 7pm to amend the rules to this...
IMG_2145.jpeg
IMG_2146.jpeg

IMG_2147.jpeg

**Lady B...Your Kids Look great!!!
**Congrats to all grads!! LOve the fact that there are still MUSIC loving kids out there!!
Our girls were in all of that also.
Our oldest actually went to college for Music education.
Welcome all New Peeps to the neighborhood!!:frow

Have some more pics..these babies sure do grow fast!!
Forgot how quickly they feather out!! LOL..did the pullet thing too long!!
I no sooner take pics, forget to get them posted for a few days..hahaha, then when I finally do, they have changed so much the pictures are pretty much irrelevant..oh well..I digress :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :caf, anywho, you all get the idea..tey grow FAST!!
The boys are looking good.
They are starting to "challenge" each other, not serious, but they get snarky with each other. My Fave..."Mordo"..he like to get things for the girls and share..nice.:love..There is hope.
The other male "Little Boy"" ... AKA-"Trouble", he runs around like a nut, so we shall see.
I had the wee littles with the middle kids, they are two weeks apart in age, together outside. Things went well..until the ales would get alittle "pushy" in the evenings espeacially. Keeping the littles from the food and herding them into corners away from them and the other bigger girls.
Never saw that before...dont know what that is all about.
So, I have them all separated now in their own areas.
Littles are more calm and happy and so are the older kids.
Now I don't have to worries about bullies. I am sure there is more of that to come when they all come together in the BIG coop later.
I think big kids will be going out after this weekend, there is a smaller coop set up in the big coop-run.
Okay..I am done with the update, typed more than I thought I would ! LOL!!
Picture time!!:pop:pop
Oh..these are the littles..sorry..okay, need to take more pics..:wee:lau
105_3665.JPG
105_3667.JPG
105_3670.JPG

We have eclectic brood now...
Sliver laced wyandottes, BLRwyandottes-(roosters) , Lav./ blue? Cochins, Pencil (drk)
& Buff Brahams, Buff Orps & Lav Orps...yeah....13 chicks later.hahahaa
Was just going to get a couple roosters for our BLRw girls..hahaha and a couple Buff-Orps..hahaaha..don't know what happened there..:th:wee:lau:lau

Congrats to all grads!! LOve the fact that there are still MUSIC loving kids out there!!
Our girls were in all of that also.
Our oldest actually went to college for Music education.

DS is all about music. It's his heart and soul lol. He sings, plays clarinet, piano, percussion, bagpipes and pretty much anything he picks up. Eventually, he'd like to go back to school for music education. For now, he wants to try to get in to drum corps international. There's an age limit so he wants to go for that first. Here's his cap.

20230601_201728.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody else having air quality issues because of the wildfires in Canada? So far ours was the worst yesterday afternoon, but it's still bad this morning. A lot of folks are back to wearing masks again, only outside instead of inside now. I really feel for our animals that can't escape to the indoors. ☹️
I am - I feel awful for them, they're in an open air coop. I kept thinking it was a wildfire in the forest I live on the border of, kept smelling smoke the past few days. I'm keeping the ducks in their brooder for the day, and the two youngest chicks, one of whom has a pretty big cut anyway.

If it gets worse, I'll have to figure out a way to keep them contained in the garage, without pooping all over everything they can't poop on.

Anybody else having air quality issues because of the wildfires in Canada? So far ours was the worst yesterday afternoon, but it's still bad this morning. A lot of folks are back to wearing masks again, only outside instead of inside now. I really feel for our animals that can't escape to the indoors. ☹️

We are. We seem to be a bit better off up here on the Ridge tops but it's still been very hazy the past two days. My husband works down in Altoona though and he says it's really bad down there.

It's bad here, too. I'm in NJ but closer to PA. I actually did bring the birds inside. I had a decent amount of crate space, so everyone is just hanging out down there. Sounds pretty quiet, which I hope is a good sign. I hope it's at least a little better by the evening, or tomorrow anyway...

DS is all about music. It's his heart and soul lol. He sings, plays clarinet, piano, percussion, bagpipes and pretty much anything he picks up. Eventually, he'd like to go back to school for music education. For now, he wants to try to get in to drum corps international. There's an age limit so he wants to go for that first. Here's his cap.

View attachment 3531221
Congratulations to him and that is some very impressive bling there. He should be very proud of all he accomplished! Best wishes for his future endeavors!

The effects from the wildfires today here in Central Bucks Co were awful. My hens seemed ok when I got home from work and again tonight. The only choice I have is to pray that it doesn’t last too long and they pull through it ok 🙏

Back
Top Bottom