Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

It's normally pretty tolerable to the cold but tonight will be 20 and tomorrow night with be 49...
28 now with light snow flurries, down to 18 tonight and a high of 34 for tomorrow here, it's been lightly snowing off and on all day, not much accumulation though. I just came back in from putting the plastic up around the run...trying to reload the staple gun with frozen fingers is no fun! But that task is now done thankfully. I would have waited but it's pretty breezy here so my chickies are happy now.
A low of 20 for you in NC is kind of unusual isn't it? Hope you and your flock keep warm!

Got our first snow this morning. I hate winter and am kind of sad to see it come. Fortunately, it all melted already.
Guess I need to put the winterizing of the coops into high gear now.

Same here except we still have the snow and it's been flurrying all day. Supposedly we could have some random squalls pop up today too.

28 now with light snow flurries, down to 18 tonight and a high of 34 for tomorrow here, it's been lightly snowing off and on all day, not much accumulation though. I just came back in from putting the plastic up around the run...trying to reload the staple gun with frozen fingers is no fun! But that task is now done thankfully. I would have waited but it's pretty breezy here so my chickies are happy now.
A low of 20 for you in NC is kind of unusual isn't it? Hope you and your flock keep warm!
It is especially this early into the cold season. We dont usually drop below freezing too bad unti mid February.

I was out putting tarps up just now too. Need gloves to keep frostbite away, need to ditch the gloves for dexterity. Can’t win!

It wouldn’t have been so bad if it wasn’t so windy. We are near the top of one of the mountains forming the Wyoming Valley and the wind is a constant struggle.

Hello all =) I have three male ducks and one female duck. I'm looking for one or two female ducks so my female won't be lonely (because I'm going to need to keep the males in a separate duck house). Anyone have any females they might want to rehome? Thanks.

Hello all =) I have three male ducks and one female duck. I'm looking for one or two female ducks so my female won't be lonely (because I'm going to need to keep the males in a separate duck house). Anyone have any females they might want to rehome? Thanks.
I would put a pair together and the 2 bachelor males in their own pen. This is a tough time of year to find female ducks.

I have been brainstorming about my next coop and putting ideas and requirements on a page of my website: http://welbars.com/index.php/the-perfect-coop/

I invite anyone to look it over and give me feedback, comments, questions, etc. This is still very much a "work in progress". I plan to add to it as I go.
What about something like these designs? I was thinking of something similar for myself, till I realized that with my very hilly yard that no chicken tractor would be easy to move anywhere and it would never sit level. Still for you it might be an option since it's rounded it isn't as susceptible to tipping or flipping in the wind, can be staked down if needed and should be able to be moved with a hand truck. I know a lot of people put tarps on the cattle panel design tractors but I personally think sheet metal (if painted with rust proofing) or some other light roofing material is a longer lasting nicer looking option.

Attachments

• d55e1f383e05fc7244f7bc562007a6b5--hoop-house-chickens-backyard-chickens.jpg
    d55e1f383e05fc7244f7bc562007a6b5--hoop-house-chickens-backyard-chickens.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG2405.jpg
    IMG2405.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom