Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Lancaster: Loxley's on Centerville Rd has a private room. Hoss's in Elizabethtown also has a private area, Bube's Brewery in Mt. Joy will also give you a private area. There's also Ruby Tuesday's at Rockvale Outlets that can cater to a larger group.

Harrisburg...hmmm...There's a Bob Evans off the Swatara exit of 283, There's an Applebees (I think) at Harrisburg East Mall. There's also a pretty decent Hibachi Grill and Buffet on Jonestown Rd. Along with an Olive Garden.

2. chickencowranch

chickencowranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Mt Wolf, Pa
    My Coop
    Hello kagross, I'm from York as well. If you are looking for RIR in the spring you can checkout Lehmans Feed store in Wrightsville or the Cape Horn Corner store. Both of these stores had chicks available in their stores all the time in the spring last year.

Lisa

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    "I'll be ready around late Feb, early March. I'd like to just start with hens, instead of chicks, pullets would be ok too. Preferably some hens that were together already, so they'll get along. I guess around that time, maybe somebody here can steer me to a local place with a few hens for sale. I usually see them on craigslist for sale also."

Just wanted to point that out [​IMG]

4. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    lol Hmmm..places that serve alcohol....We may have to start with someplace that doesn't lol. Everyone thinks/knows how chatty I am w/o it...Add a few drinks in there and I don't stop talking lol

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I will pass on the farmshow also, hate the crowds, haven't been there in years...
    All for the getting together though, 2 to 3 times a year would be great, different places,,,,my vote goes to shady maple smorgasbord, exspensive but good..

Sally did you find the link to set the duck eggs, i am on my way to set mine, a little late I know but I had to sleep....

6. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Oooooo Shady maple! I love that place! I've been there for anything but breakfast which I must say is nothing short of AWSOME!

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Hoss's, Bob Evans and the Hibachi are all alcohol free.

Shady Maple is always good. Was trying to think of things a little more centrally located so people coming from the west like MC, and RoPo wouldn't have 4 hour drives.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Which are you agreeing to? Me being chatty as it is or it being dangerous to add that to the mix with all of us lol

10. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi guys thanks to Sally's help I went through the eggs to see what happened and unfortunately all of them are dead six babies dead. I had a temperature control problem because one of my children upped the heat Without my knowledge we just knew that the incubator Was at hundred and 5° And we don't know for how long. So basically all of the babies Cooked. It seems like they crapped out around day 19. And interestingly enough they were shrinkwrapped. Thank you all so much for your concern and your help. Now I need to find some more eggs

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by