Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hoss's, Bob Evans and the Hibachi are all alcohol free.
Shady Maple is always good. Was trying to think of things a little more centrally located so people coming from the west like MC, and RoPo wouldn't have 4 hour drives.
Some of the folks from way out that way it would be a 3-4hr drive as it is. And than there'e the Eastern folks who would be coming up from Philly and the burbs.

I think with a meet up our best bet is to do 2 and if you wanna go to both that's fine but if not that's fine too ( make one centrally located so those on the other side can meet up too) !! I love shaddy maple so I'm up for that one... Yumm yumm! Plus it is only 20 min from my house!!

I will pass on the farmshow also, hate the crowds, haven't been there in years...
All for the getting together though, 2 to 3 times a year would be great, different places,,,,my vote goes to shady maple smorgasbord, exspensive but good..

Sally did you find the link to set the duck eggs, i am on my way to set mine, a little late I know but I had to sleep....
uggg trying to read up now, kids are noisy today, I tried playing with them, but they started fighting outside, ugggggg sometimes I swear... yes I sure do!!!

SARA~ got the eggs in GREAT ORDER !! Thank you!! and she sent some "olive egger" eggs!!! AND she send Harmony some Dress up clothes!!! Thank you SARA!!!! <3

I didnt mess with them too much, a quick candle, some mishaped air cells but no rolling, so I set them all in the bator, on top of all the other eggs, its packed now!!! he he he On thurs eve I will candle all them, maran I wont see crud though uggggg... but will we will pull alot out, as ours hens eggs I dont think are fertile but its only day 4 lol and the first 5 serama go into the hatching bator tomorrow I think....so there will be enough room then....

I need to look at calendar, everything is on there cause I am getting confused!!

I'll be at the Farm show this year. I haven't determined which dates, so I would love to hear what any attendees are doing. If we meet in western PA, I would choose Kittanning or Clarion. I live in Slippery Rock, but the other two places are better located for Johnstown and Pittsburgh. Checked out my Australorps today... Six hens, but I was sure only one is laying, two at the most. Any opinions on whether the other would jump start in the spring? I get 1 a day, sometimes two. And they were hatched in April, so plenty old enough.

I knew the game camera would catch some strange things but I never realized people are feeding birds when I am not there.
and they do some strange things.

not sure what he's doing since no one is even near him.

I'll be at the Farm show this year. I haven't determined which dates, so I would love to hear what any attendees are doing. If we meet in western PA, I would choose Kittanning or Clarion. I live in Slippery Rock, but the other two places are better located for Johnstown and Pittsburgh. Checked out my Australorps today... Six hens, but I was sure only one is laying, two at the most. Any opinions on whether the other would jump start in the spring? I get 1 a day, sometimes two. And they were hatched in April, so plenty old enough.

If you aren't providing light, this is to be expected. I have 7 hens from March/April hatches. Was getting 4 and 5 day, now 1 or 2 (and one just started laying, only germ egg layer I have). They should pick up in the spring. Or provide artificial light so they get a total of 14 hours of light a day. (I think)
Don't give up hope!

Went to my friends house and got 18 more eggs do you think any of you should be washed?
Plus we got our new girl Sandy named after hurricane Sandy since she is a Jersey shore girl

Back
Top Bottom