Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    You taking them to Lebanon Valley?

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Whats packed??

3. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

I am in westmoreland county. I have 5 ameracauna chicks i hatched out. They are 12 weeks old. Out of J. Belm line. I believe they are 3 hens 2 roos. Selling them locally. I thought someone on here was looking for them. They are the blacks and carry the self blue gene. Pm me if interested.

4. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

When I add new birds, I try to make sure the new ones are at least 8 weeks. I have a small growing out coop I use after the brooder. I add the new ones at night and often keep the coop closed for a few days to force introductions. Then I let chickens be chickens.
    They often force theyoung ones to stay cornered for a week or so and will chase them, but eventually they work it out. Not pretty, but they don't really hurt each other. I do provide two waterers and feeders for a while, well seperated. Once I did have to put up wire to divide the coop for week.
    I check them to be sure everyone is getting food and water, and try not to get too upset when I see new ones cowering. Not easy, but I guess it's tough love. So far it has worked.

1 person likes this.
  5. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    When you bring new ones in please remember to isolate if they are new birds. 2 weeks away from your gang. And than what I do is inside of the coup I have an area that has fencing inside of the coup where I can get the new one or two ( or half dozen young ones) acclimated to the group and vise versa. And once they can associate with one another than I let them out. They spend a good bit of time in the coup at first and than start to socialize when they feel comfortable.

6. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    How about this one?

[​IMG]

LMAO

7. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Okay Baym,

I like this one too

[​IMG]

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    [​IMG]

9. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    lol nice - scary too. There could be something wrong with me, but I would rather have the company of that chicken than ole David.

10. chickencowranch

chickencowranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Mt Wolf, Pa
    My Coop
    I realize that. I was just letting him know if he/she couldn't find hens that these places have RIR chicks available through spring and summer. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by