Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Maybe Ropo can babysit???

No really! I am actually 5'6 1/2"!!!

I know! I was not supposed to turn it back on at all this winter, but I am sneaking one in... lol

I just paid for my daughters Yule present. Two fluffy white silkie pullets. She is going to be so happy. Now, how do I hide them for 3 weeks???? LMAO!

why would someone do that to a chick
somad.gif

I guess to keep them from peaking each other. We used to do that with capons when I was growing up. I hated it. We only did one year. It stinks when it's being done.

DEAD on the ROOST!! I didnt even check for sure if its Sketch or Stencil, but it was one of my big beautiful Dark Brahma hens and all my chickens are April/Mays, so young! Lil Lucas climbed in and put her in the dish pan dust bath bucket that I dumped out. looks like she fell asleep and never woke up!!! I am p/od and upset, she has been a fine girl!! As much as I would love to check her out, she is frozen solid and I dont have the heart to even look in her throat for petes sakes! Now what??? uggggg

Sorry :(

Sally: I get Necropsy done at New Bolton Center which is close to me. Ask Chad which lab he will be using for blood draws, that is probably the closest Poultry Lab to you.

What 4H club is in Honeybrook? No not far at all, I actually live near maple grove!

Ramano Center. Chester County Poultry 4H this weekend, but most of the clubs use the Ramano Center.

That's it Blarney. I am there regularly. It is a great place. I figured you were further from me than you are. I can be at the Chester County Intermediate Unit (right off Boot Road) in about 20 minutes. Highland is about another 10.

Oooo! So tell us, what's worth getting there? I love bringing home new 'favorite foods'.

I think my hen starved!!
hit.gif

I switched a week ago to the K&KMash instead of the purina layer.......and with the layer feed I could throw it in spots in the coop when I left them out in the mornings, the mash is just a waste that way, so I stopped and figured they would go into the coop to keep eating, the food has been going down but perhaps she didnt ever eat from it maybe they didnt let her? Uggg I wish I could see the weight loss better under all those fluffy feathers. I check on them again and three some mash on piles in front and they acted starved.....
hu.gif

I looked at her up and down and in her mouth which WAS NOT FUN NOR EASY!!
And her vent is clean and small..and her crop empty.
hit.gif

I dont even think this one was laying yet : ( poor girl.......

I always have food filled up in the coop! I wonder if they werent lettin her eat, she was one of the newbees with Fluffy and sketch....

Well Becky( galgo98) and I got our skills test papers signed and ready to go. Swabbed and drew blood. That duck will never look at her the same. And the same can be said about that barred cochin roo of mine. LOL The drake got a swab in one end and the roo got it in the other as well as a double blood draw. He didn't even wanna look at me after that lol.

Oooo! So tell us, what's worth getting there? I love bringing home new 'favorite foods'.

Lots of great stuff! I go there for peaches, which I can, and apples, which I sauce, and to visit with the goats! They also have a great bakery, good jams and canned stuff, and fresh fruits and vegetables.

Last edited:
i don't believe thats a good reason, in all the chicks i have raised, not once have the chicks pecked each other, and that even mixing one clutch with another. IF you have one thats mean, pull it out and put it somewhere by its self.

Back
Top Bottom