1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh- I WILL travel for fudge! (I'm in the chocolate mood). I never am though. LOL! Morning all! Feeling yucky today. Blech. Going to finish christmas shopping today. I hate christmas shopping.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Fudge!!! yum!!! I never made it, anyone have a recipe to share EASY??? kids love fudge, when I feel better we need to at least bake a batch of drop cookies.... I havent been feeling so great again, but hopefully we will figure all this **** out soon....

Harmony has two blackish Tiny Serama resting in the bator drying off yet, and the last one nothing yet : ( Not sure when to try to save it.... no internal pip but moving and ... I opened the bator (smack my hands, but Daddy tried to adjust temps in the hatcher bator and those styros are nothing like the wafer in the one he build.... anyway it was I02.9 so I had to let some heat out cause those peepers where a panting : (

Suggestions anyone? I hope he pips internally at least!! I do want want to have to go fishing for his head : ( but dont want to loose him either! They are now on day 20 and these guys started hatching on the begininng of day 19.... other egg is same size as these guys eggs.

BHep ~ Here are two of your grand serama! there heads are smaller than marbles!! AMAZING!

[​IMG]

3. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur Premium Member

I love fudge. Where do you guys think the best place to buy it is? I know Cabelas has a ton of varieties. I love the fudge from Strasburg Railroad's fudge shop.

4. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    There is a store in Bushkill Falls that has fudge to die for. [​IMG] I can't think of the name, though.

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Sally, someone posted a very easy fudge recipe on last years Christmas Hatch. I'm pretty sure it's:

1 package of your choice chips (I used semisweet)
    1 container store bought frosting (I used chocolate - noticing a pattern here?)

Heat them together in a double boiler and pour into greased pan. Easy peasy. 22 yr old just informed me that although she liked it, it did not compare to the homemade fudge I make.

6. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh man-Sounds like you're having a similar problem that what I had. If I would've had intervened sooner than I could've had Two baby chicks instead of one. I would save it

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I think Sams Club was having a special on Fudge!

I tried some and it was amazing! Had some from Gardner's and wasn't that impressed.

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I just tried out a simple recipe...not sure how it will come out though.

24 oz Semisweet choc chips
    14 oz Sweetened Condensed milk
    1/4 cup butter
    1 cup (optional) chopped walnuts

Put all ingredients except nuts in microwave safe bowl. Zap 3-5 minutes on 50% power, stirring 1-2 times during until chips are melted. Grease generously a 9x13 glass pan. Pour mixture into pan, smooth. Chill. The End. Oh wait...EAT!

9. MotorcycleChick

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    That is easy. I have not made fudge in a long time. Wish I could find my recipe. I liked it. Tell me how this one turns out.

10. MotorcycleChick

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    [​IMG] Is it done YET???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by