Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. immyjay54

immyjay54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Gosh, I don't jump around to much on here. I'm usually on the rhode island red thread. Just happen to come across this when I was looking for something and thought I would say HEY. I'm in SW Pa. about 60 miles south of Pitts. Sorry for not finding this sooner.

2. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally, you've had very good success rates in the past with your setup and method,,,, thinking you may have an edge on my situation.

I've had good success rates,,,, but, always with assistance in hatching,,, at least with the Marans,,, the Cochins do better on their own than the marans

Good night,,, catch up with you tomorrow evening.

3. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

there certainly are quite a few of you here that like "the" punishment, haha, I know there is alot more to it than just that though, it has got to be awesome to watch them catch and know You were the one that helped make that possible..[​IMG]..

4. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

HI, glad you found us![​IMG]

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    NIght night

Sometime I will take the time to clean up my hatching notes thrown in that article,
    but TOMORROW I am starting a article on STEP BY STEP Assisted hatching....

I have so many people asking for help and go over the same stuff, so I think it would benefit alot of people.... I just wish I could have someone take pictures whilst I work, because you know how fast you have to work, and I dont want to mess around and kill a chick for a picture.... hmmmmm but maybe i could save alot more chicks helping.... IDK but will let you have a look and help me edit if you can help??? But first I need to move and regroup lol!

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I wanna see!!!!

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I do dry hatches only. Its has the best hatch rates for me. I have a humidity pump that I turn on at day 18. I also let them "cool" for two hours a day. I have had much better hatch rates, 90%+ with my own eggs. Not the same with shipped ones. A BIG factor in hatching is the hen's diet! Remember feeds like Layena are for making eggs to eat. It does not mean you will get good hatchability.

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I plan on doing a photo shoot this week with them!!!

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

According to his mother, yes, seems like mine was JUST like me. Better her than I!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by