Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Wow. You guys were chatty while I was gone. I have a hodgepodge in the bator now. We shall see what comes of them. OEs, green eggs, marans and God only knows what else. And a few of my own. [​IMG]

2. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    ohhh! I want a frizzle!!!! [​IMG]

.... finally catching up - you guys have been busy posting while I was working this weekend!

Michele

3. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Heather,,,, what do you feed your birds to get better hatches,,, do you add something or eliminate something???

,,,, wish I could free range more to give them a more natural diet,,, just not possible at the moment.

4. Ray from PA

Definitely has a rewarding feeling,,, also feel it necessary for the Marans since they are so difficult to come by,,,, not readily available around this area. When you have eggs shipped, you want to get as many out of them as you can,, bad enough the hatch rate is much lower to begin with, and it's nice to get the best possible selection from what you receive, no doubt there will be the usual percentage of Roos, and it's nice to get a few pullets to choose from, they aren't always all "keepers". They're nice birds, and I would hate to lose the better ones from the bunch.

5. Ray from PA

A step by step would be cool,,, a great help for many,,, I'd love to see how you do yours, and how it may differ from how I do it.

I do mine under a desk light to help them stay warm during the assist,,, sometimes it takes quite a bit of time to make progress.

6. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    welcome scottdale here[​IMG]

7. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

welcome from Derry pa in Westmoreland county.:welcome

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Welcome from Centre County!

9. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

immyjay54 - Welcome from Fayette County here!

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Welcome from Carlisle!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by