Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Lmao!! You guys are funny!

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I can relate very much to that. I think a lot of it for me is being a SAHM... I need to get out more, lol!

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I used to have low self-esteem...then I realized that nobody is as awesome as I am at being me.

Go ahead! Look at yourself in the mirror and think about how awesome you are every morning and how NOBODY could do what you do on a daily basis!

On the other hand..working at Wal-Mart for 7 years and realizing that some customers can be real idiots did help...

4. Pentamom

Ha! Me too! My husband is in NYC like 3 times a week to his other office for meeting-he's never home, I'm here ALONE with 5 kids. He wants to hire me help, but I'm too busy trying to be super mom. I haven't been on here because I've been too busy playing Betty Crocker/Susie home maker. (And farmer). LOL! I may hire someone in the summer. Ill kill someone ( not literally) if I have to be here everyday with all these kids and no break. LOL!!!

5. Pentamom

LMAO!! I try to do that, then I get stressed out again. I just need to get back to the gym. I always feel better after working out. I haven't been there since 3 weeks before my 1/2 marathon.

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Gym?! HA! Not gonna happen over here! :D

Go sit in the Walmart. You will feel SO much better after people watching. Or http://peopleofwalmart.com

7. Pentamom

LOL!! I'm not allowed to shop there-however, maybe people watching WOULD be a good thing! LMAO!!! That's crazy!

8. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Update on using sand in the coop! With the snow and rain blowing, I have some wet sand by the entrance. The bonus is that the sand isn't going to disintegrate like pine chips, and doesn't stink like wet pine! The sand is fairly clean thanks to scooping the poop whenever I want (I have gone as long as about three days without scooping. It didn't have a bad smell), so I just stir the wet sand around a little, and just like at the beach, the sand starts drying. The snow and mud being tracked in doesn't cause an issue either. I still have some issues to work out (the rolled up tarp against the wall by the roost keeps forming poop pockets!) but I do like the sand.

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Well, I'm glad that you're here. I enjoy reading your posts.

10. Pentamom

This is SUCH a great idea! My coop comes next week, and I am thinking that is really the way to go! You're awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by