Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Quote:
    OH Ray!!! did you candle for internal pips? and listen for chirping? if you see internals and chirping help them for petes!! I told you have dibs on maran.... but I think I need that loner blue cochin peep LMAO!!! Can you sex these peepers I have... I was looking at wing feathers and I cant tell ****! I need a trio for the friend..... she may want the blues and I think I want the blues... ugggg I may have to hatch more eh?? LMAO!! there are a shitload of blacks in that brooder!! I call them little penguins

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

3. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    HEY I did save the eggs that hatched at least I picked through the box and saved them after I caught lucas crushing them with a pc of kindlin from the fire box!!! BRATS!

4. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Sally, you mentioned missing a house. Now I remember another thing bugging me!
    I left the old house back in April. This house was sitting empty, and is ours without a mortgage to pay. It also has more property,and better property for the chickens. Besides, who wants to build a coop at one house, then begin building another one at the other house? So we moved.
    Unfortunately, back in April when my husband was looking for work (and the bank was looking to take the other house!) he promised we would get out of that house within a month. So, I got the chicks and some stuff together, and we came here. DH still won't go to the other house to get the rest of our stuff out! Not only are we going to lose that house, but until we are out, I am paying electric (which they keep estimating, and billing me for almost $100/month. Then they charge for having to do a meter reading) sewage and water every month with money I just do not have! Not to mention that they mice have moved in, and are even in the upstairs bedrooms! With only 34 hours off every week, he has a valid reason, but so do I. [​IMG]
    I used to be such a nice, normal happy person. Really! LOL

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OMG again cry or laugh like hell???? I adore you!!! first off..... your not a witch, dont need a broom anyway..... second.....splashed FF??? french fries???? LOL third...... a laugh is always the best medicine... forth...... none of the chickens are missing are they? and no blood on the chickens for that amount of blood, they dont get their menstral cycles like we do!!! you need to really investigate this! Fifth,.... well I feel for ya and laughed at your predicament..... sixth....... The Good Lord has your back! seventh???? well I think you shoulda ordered a new hat and gloves!!!! [​IMG]

6. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Thanks Chad. (I also have OCD) LOL! I always just neve think it's (or I'm) good enough. I even went to a therapist about it, and she wasn't really too helpful...I hate sitting in a room where they agree with you all the time...LOL! Everytime I left, I felt like ***? [​IMG] I could vent to my friend (who is getting her masters in Family therapy) for free. LOL!! I DID hve a session with her yesterday as a matter of fact.
    LOL! My husband was DEAD set against it. But I always get my way with him. LOL! But when I was incubating the first batch of eggs, and I'd show him the progress, then he started to warm up to the idea. Then when we got Sandy, and because she is so sweet he liked her even more. Now with the batch I got from Sally and Blarney, he goes in, sanitizes his hands and picks them up by himself. He also mentions how he will like a specific chicken because they "are so nice" LOL! He thinks it's so funny, that he took pictures and brought them to NY on his phone to show his co-workers that I'm growing chickens in the house (because when he tells them, they don't believe him.) LOL!! So needless to say, when he realized that we are going to have 21 Chickens in the house by the time these hatch, he just shook his head, laughed and said "Unbelievable" LOL! He is even entertaining the thought of goats eventually. [​IMG]
    Okay, after I posted my comment about wal-mart, I realized it might have sounded "snobbish" which I am far from...BUT, I'll give you guys my explanation so you'll better understand (however your reasons are also part of the reason I don't shop there also.)

My husband is an executive for PVH Corp which owns Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Izod, Bass, Geoffrey Bean, Van Heusen, and a slew of other brands. They license out other smaller label brand also, and make private label brands too. So one of their private label brands happens to be that of wal-marts. So needless to say there was a crap load of problems that my husband had to be directly involved with and he now HATES wal-mart. LOL! So I'm Banned from shopping there anymore. ) when he told me they were going to do business with them I said it was a bad idea and they would regret it...guess who was right?!) [​IMG] LOL!! So it's more of a comical thing in my house. LOL! So if you guys ever need our discount for something, just let me know. We also have friends and family deals which are great. His company sent us to Amsterdam this summer to have meetings with Tommy Europe, We spent a week traveling from Amsterdam, to Brugge, Belgium to London (8 days before the olympics), then back to Amsterdam to go home. We were there 8 days and it was such an experience. I cant wait until we go to Hong Kong!

[​IMG]
    (no we don't do weed, in fact I'm allergic to it) But I just thought it was amazing that in Amsterdam, it was everywhere! LOL!!
    I completely agree! LOL!! However my husband doesn't tell me when to stop, He'll just ask me, "Isn't it a bit much?" Or, " What are you going to do with all those chickens?? LOL! (I already have to buy anew coop since I can't put 21 chickens in a 4X6, HELP!!! LOL!!
    Hooray Ray!!! I'm keeping you in my thoughts!!

Okay, so babies are moving around still today. No pipping yet though. These chicks are getting so much love here it's crazy! You'd swear we had 11 dogs in the house, LOL!! I think the chicks are all thinking they are human-ish. LOL!

My one son Rowan age 5 named one of the black polish frizzles "Davy Jones" from sponge bob. LOL! He's too much!

7. Pentamom

[​IMG]

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh chicky that sucks big time, I hope you can get that off your chest and VERY SOON! That stuff weighs so heavy : (.

You see I had gotten really sick about 10 or so years ago and its been a long downward fall since, I thought I had it all! I had a huge spankin new house and beautiful property and simply gorgous views of all the mnts. I had my health and strength, I was think and pretty, I was fun and happy, I was smart and quick... I had a wonderful job as Office Manager and Full Charge bookkeeper for an architectural firm and not only did it pay well, I got to do some design work and so much computer work, which is what I went to school for.... anyway...... things were getting really bad, I was on and off medications, I was depressed, I was pumped with so many kinds of steroids and meds, I got fat, adding to the depression, got even more unhealthy and could no longer work and needed family med leave.... I was forced to sell the house, sell all the new cars and all the extra toys we had accumlated, and all in the lower bowels of the economy.... I lost an awful lot of money, I was the moneymaker and everything else.... I even lost my chickens, as we had to move in january and couldnt get the coop up the hill with 2 foot of snow on it, so a late night call to a friend neighbor and farmer to come take the chickens was made.... I was sooooo upset with DH I so wanted to move the coop to the front of the property so we could get it out, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO who the heck cares about what my interests and loves are!!! ugggg PO'd!!!

So we now live close to my home woods, actually If I screamed loud enough mom and dad could hear me.... in a tiny TINY raised ranch that needs ALOT of work, but the mortgage is workable and I have the babysitting and kids to keep me smiling.... along with all my new chickens and peeps, oh and my wonderful dogs!! LOL Now the health is getting worse again and even lost most of my babysitting kids this past month so times will be extremely tough the next several months. but I will figure something out, either making stuff and selling it or something or other.... THIS IS WHY ITS SO IMPORTANT TO ME to figure out a chicken plan and I so wish I could sell eggs for just a little income to help. I dont have alot of room so what breed I have and keep is a biggun. We sooo need extra income and if I can do this here and that there, well I am praying it will add up to help with the food, gas and misc stuff bills....

So I know that weight and I pray it is relieved soon chicky I truely do

9. zinia8

zinia8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Reels Corner, PA.
    Thank you

10. Pentamom

[​IMG]
    My friend has 2. one that her crazy in law is friends with, and the other is her normal one. LOL! Maybe you should try that!?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by