Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Sooo Funny! I did just this (also because of family). I friended NO ONE with my alter ego, just use the account to be able to access the various threads that are agricultural.

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    That blood is probably not from fighting. Is the feeder metal? What is probably happening is that the combs are nice and warm. When they touch the frigid metal, they get stuck. Bird struggles and loses a bit of flesh. You can rub some olive oil or WD-40 on the metal feeder to prevent it from happening.

3. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    [​IMG]

4. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay-so I texted Sally in a panic-because we just lost power (as expected) due to the winds. So as soon as the power went out I looked at the hunk and said-oh crap! The babies! He says "what about them?" I said their incubator is on power-they are gonna die! So I panicky texted Sally-and remembered that darn car generator I have. Hunk said "ill bring the car around so you can put them in there". So I am sitting in my husbands car regulating temp in the front seat. LOL! I was telling Sally I swear I hear Phantom Peeping. LOL! I will say-its hard to regulate temp in the car. Mother Nature keeps trying my abilities. :-/ **** her!
    [​IMG]

..see-hunk loves my babies..:) he just text me and said power should be restored by 4:30. Thankfully he has almost a full tank!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  5. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

[​IMG]

6. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

We don't need our DH's to like chickens Blarney, we enable each other enough!! [​IMG]
    Good luck with Lily and her 1st date.
    And this is for everyone else on here...I think we make a great group of people, everyone included. All of our unique traits makes this group the fun that it is. I too have self-esteem problems and some social anxiety in large groups. I think I'd be perfectly comfortable at a function with this group though. [​IMG]
    Group hug. [​IMG]

7. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    RoPo, no metal feeders. It makes sense, though. I have ... Oh, good grief! The roost fell a week or so ago! I put it back up on cinder blocks, but there is a screw I couldn't get out! [​IMG]You helped me figure it out! I will work harder to get it out.
    This is the season of miracles, right? Well, the Christmas tree is on a timer, and has not come on for over a week. As bummed as I am feeling, I didn't want it on anyway. Well, I am sitting there watching the end of a movie twenty minutes ago, and the tree came on! Weird, huh?
    Does anyone have any ideas for me about keeping the coop in one piece? Sandy didn't do as much damage as the wind today! It broke a window off the coop, and almost broke the door off! No one was going outside anyway, so I shut and locked it. I am just hoping the wind doesn't manage to catch it, and tear it off after all!
    Anyway, I can work with the door by leaning a piece of plywood against it. ... And I just answered my own question about the window too. A piece of plywood will help keep snow and strong winds from blowing in.
    Well, what kind of weather does everyone else have?

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    A good trick to fix that ASAP is to nail or staple a sack of feed, a plastic trash bag, gunny sack...anything over the window. It will keep the wind from rushing in!

9. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Thanks for the heart attack, Penta....I'm sitting here in NJ and read about all the wind and how your power is out....so I look over at Fiancee and go "oh crap!" He just called his daughter, and she says it's ok.

Off to visit my aunt before family dinner/presents....which is funny...we're not exchanging presents....but we're at least spending time as a family.

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    #1.Blarneyeggs
    (195 posts)
    #2.Sally Sunshine
    (185 posts)
    #3.Chicken Tamer
    (126 posts)
    #4.Mr MKK FARMS
    (93 posts)