Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I tried sand, but it was just so wet and we ended up tracking it EVERYWHERE!!

2. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

oh... do you have drainage issues?..are your runs covered?...maybe motorcycle-chick( I'll have to ask her ), could help fill-in on how she is doing w/ her method.... I know I"ll have at least a million questions on the fermenting thing and the sand too..[​IMG]

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I think Bruce was talking about quitting the fermented feed...as it wasn't helping add weight to his meaties as he'd like last we talked.

Galgo, you're added.

4. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    When I left at 11 this morning for my chiro appt the roads were an absolute mess! I called fiancee and told him he had 2 choices, meet me at the chiro or meet me at Home Depot, either way, he was NOT to drive over the mountain. I saw 3 tractor trailers have major issues with the mountain (switch backs). He left his office in Harrisburg at noon. What should have been a 45 minute drive home took OVER 2 hours! Meanwhile...I sat in my jeep in the parking lot waiting for him.

5. LittleMissPurdy

..galgo- which Vietnamese restaurant do you go to?...there is a real nice Thai restaurant in Lancaster city.."Sukhothai" on Harrisburg pike...good food[​IMG]...

6. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    My runs are covered, but still get wet. And yes, drainage is an issue!

7. LittleMissPurdy

[​IMG]..it is nasty out there..felt like it was turning into rain last time I was out(dog potty)...hubby says it's sleeting now...be safe everyone

8. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    How much snow do you have?? This was an hour ago and it is still coming HARD!

[​IMG]

RoPo said they are calling for 13" in our area.

9. LittleMissPurdy

I'm hoping that where we are planning to put the coop now (at the new location)..that it will be ok, there is a cement slab already there and we were just going to put the sand over it...It will also be protected on three-sides from wind, we are going to build a lean-to "roof" over the whole thing..(.will get pictures on here as soon as I can figure it out)...not sure if I'll need tp put up spouting or not..will have to see how it all works once it's all up...hoping there aren't any low-areas we aren't seeing yet/now...that would be a problem w/ draining......Does anyone think putting the sand directly on top of the cement-slab would be an issue?

10. LittleMissPurdy

maybe an inch...it's sleeting now though..not expecting anymore snow, but then these weather guys, one channel says blah-blah..and another says blah!...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by