Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Love the view,,,,gotta ask....is that a grill under the tarp...
LOL! Yup! That's our grill! Which I might add got NO USE this summer when we went vegetarian. LOL!!
Cause the belief is chickens are dumb..if they wake up and Sally is sitting next to them, they assume she was always there...and don't realize she's new.
That is so crazy...Thank You!
Penta, since everyone is too busy playing with Chad's ding a ling (that song is going to be stuck in my head now) to answer your question, I will do it! (knight in shining armor emoticon here)
big_smile.png
Just like your kids forget why they were mad at you the night before, chickens do too. When they wake up with new chickens, it means the newbies have had time to adjust to the presence of others, and the "feel" of a new home. It also is supposed to make the older ones think "were you there before?"
That is how it was explained to me.
Okay so I should not have a coop of dead chickens in the morning, right?! LOL!!!
Penta....And one thing that you have done though is you have had them all in your brooder setup in the basement where they all had interactions. Where in most scenarios that is not the case.
Well, Sandy (the blind older one,) is the one who I am most worried about...
537166_272557816205070_2042927527_n.jpg

Hmmm and if you guys didn't have us just think of the things you'd miss.
gig.gif

thumbsup.gif
...Awesome!!! very happy for you Penta..
hugs.gif
Thank You!!
hugs.gif

Thanks, I think everyone is scared to post LOL

I pledge as a Breeder of Misfits to continue posting every single misfit I hatch and every egg I sell... he he he
i went down to the livestock auction today, mostly bought veggies, but there was a roo that i would have liked to have taken a closer look at, it was a brahma for sure, just not sure whether it was a dark or a light, but they sold it so fast i didn't get a chance to bid. only a couple of dollars too.
barnie.gif

gonna keep trying

I am going to try the wire bottom tonight and the broilerpan under the water dish and see what happens..... I will let you know!

I so want to SCREAM sara I need more duck eggs LMAO!! I love them and well worth the mess!! I have NEVER SEEN anything so cute besides kids!!! OMG!!!! and they already come wabblin to me!! shakin butts is adorable!!

tongue.gif
Stop bragging!!!!! I can't wait until spring to start incubating my waterfowl. I miss fluffy waddling duck butts!!!

I use the equine pine for bedding in their brooder. And I use a metal pan with a plastic grate over top to put their waterer on.

Mother Earth News Fair
September 20-22, 2013
Silver Springs, PA
Until Jan 31, 2013 1 day pass is $10, and 3 day pass is $15
http://www.motherearthnews.com/fair/SevenSprings.aspx
So many good classes and demos and great vendors!

Originally Posted by fisherlady

We went last year and loved it too! So will be letting the SO know we need to request time off for the weekend and get our tickets!
Anyone who goes though I was only disappointed by one thing.... the food prices were horrible! We packed our own food for the second day in a small soft side cooler and tote bag. A couple bottles of water and a thermos of coffee and we were set. I don't usually carry a purse, so wasn't a big deal to carry it.

Missy- Thanks for the reminder! Had a great time last year!!

Fisher- We did the Ford test drive last year to get free $15 meal vouchers for each of us. We decided to try it again on Sun and asked if we could do it again, and they said yep and gave us more meal vouchers!
woot.gif
That helped for 2 of the 3 days! We now get junk mail from Ford every couple months...
roll.png

Two new chemical elements have recently been discovered. Here for the first time is a description of their properties.
colorful_squiggle.gif
Element Name: WOMAN
Symbol: WO
Atomic Weight: (don’t even go there!)
Physical Properties: Generally round in form. Boils at nothing and may freeze any time. Melts whenever treated properly. Very bitter if not used well.
Chemical properties: Very active. Highly unstable. Possesses strong affinity to gold, silver, platinum, and precious stones. Violent when left alone. Able to absorb great amounts of exotic food. Turns slightly green when placed next to a better specimen.
Usage: Highly ornamental. An extremely good catalyst for dispersion of wealth. Probably the most powerful income reducing agent known.
Caution: Highly explosive in inexperienced hands.

colorful_squiggle.gif

Element Name: MAN
Symbol: XY
Atomic Weight: (180 +/- 50)
Physical properties: Solid at room temperature, but gets bent out of shape easily. Fairly dense and sometimes flaky. Difficult to find a pure sample. Due to rust, aging samples are unable to conduct electricity as easily as young samples.
Chemical properties: Attempts to bond with WO any chance it can get. Also tends to form strong bonds with itself. Becomes explosive when mixed with Kd (Element: Child) for prolonged period of time Neutralize by saturating with alcohol.
Usage: None known. Possibly good methane source. Good samples are able to produce large quantities on command.
Caution: In the absence of WO, this element rapidly decomposes and begins to smell.

lau.gif
lau.gif
Very true!

Back
Top Bottom