Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I thought if you crossed certain duck breeds...you got duds...the babies can't reproduce when they grow up.

Muscovy on the upper left is the father to the mule duck on the lower right.
This muscovy is also the father to the rest of the pictured offspring.
The last picture way on the bottom is of the pair these mule ducks came from.
Mule duck is a female.

A group of five mule ducks. Offspring of Muscovy male x Runner duck female.

Group of five mule ducks.

This is a male mule duck.

This is a female mule duck.

This is a female mule duck.

A female mule duck on the left and a male mule duck on the right.

Group of five mule ducks.

Female mule duck.

The above five mule ducks came from the black muscovy drake and the fawn runner duck female.

The females all laid eggs and the males bred actively but we never tried hatching any of the eggs. We no longer have any of these ducks. We really enjoyed them while we had them though.

It seems like scovy x pekins would make good meat ducks. If you kept separate flocks of each and just let them together for a few weeks you could maintain fertile flocks of both, plus they hybrids, no? I might try this with my 2 pekin girls.

I locked down my first hatch of the year earlier today. There's peeping in one of the marans eggs! I'm excited! And I set 2 dozen Ameraucanas, 6 or 7 olive eggers, 25 Marans and 4 salmon Faverolles.

We are suppose to be leaving 5am for our trip to TN tomorrow and are driving down 81 right through the middle of VA. STUPID SNOW! now we may leaving in the evening instead and drive through the night and arrive Friday morning. Hopefully the roads will be clearer by then.

We are suppose to be leaving 5am for our trip to TN tomorrow and are driving down 81 right through the middle of VA.  STUPID SNOW!  now we may leaving in the evening instead and drive through the night and arrive Friday morning.  Hopefully the roads will be clearer by then.

Be safe!

Muscovy on the upper left is the father to the mule duck on the lower right. This muscovy is also the father to the rest of the pictured offspring. The last picture way on the bottom is of the pair these mule ducks came from. Mule duck is a female. These pictures are Amazing! I especially like the ones of their lil tails! I have duck envy. A group of five mule ducks. Offspring of Muscovy male x Runner duck female. Group of five mule ducks. Group of five mule ducks. Is the 5th one wearing camo?

Xs 2!!!!

No snow here yet, school has not been called off, I just love it when they have us send the kids in, only to have them come right back. Seriously, what's the thinking there? The road to my house from the school is single lane, winds a LOT, is on the North side of a hill and overhangs the Brandywine. I don't like driving on it in a car, I certainly don't want my kid on the bus going that way.

I KNEW we should have gotten them swimming lessons.

Xs 2!!!!

No snow here yet, school has not been called off, I just love it when they have us send the kids in, only to have them come right back. Seriously, what's the thinking there? The road to my house from the school is single lane, winds a LOT, is on the North side of a hill and overhangs the Brandywine. I don't like driving on it in a car, I certainly don't want my kid on the bus going that way.

I KNEW we should have gotten them swimming lessons.

Schools are off here (Fawn Grove) and where I teach in Harford County MD. Just back in from barn with the chickens. Can't wait until I can get the Cochins and the rest of the flock together

Hey everyone. Is anyone close to south central pa. Im about 30 min from gettysburg, 30 minutes from hagerstown. I live in Waynesboro, PA. Desperately need to find a little peep for my day old loner. TSC has a limit of 6. :( I know its snowing like crazy but all i can think about is how lonely he is. anyone by a micrale live close to me?

Back
Top Bottom