Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I might need a thanksgiving
big_smile.png
Will have to see if the feed bills aren't in suffering before getting anything else though. Yeah, it would definitely hurt to eat $12-13 poults, Porters maimes the pocket when you order. Such a cool selection though! Are you looking for any variety in particular?

Birdbygavin, cool! Looking forward to pics!
Would have no idea the mottled have in awe

bless me father for I have sinned....its been 14 pages since my last post....*yesterday at 4:00p",,,,,LisaY stopped by to look at the chooks and can now visit Blarney for real inspiration....

Feral cats are not good for anyone,,,,you might try the public heath as a way of getting them removed, but, it might be easier just to do it yourself....maybe the SPCA can help? ....

and about gardening.....I grow better grass in the garden than in the yard....it beats me how I can give a 4" veggie a 'head start' on the weeds and two weeks later the veggie(s) are overrun....is crab grass edible?

Have a good day all!

At least down in Adams County the SPCA will give you a trap....once you trap them you take them in, and the fix them (at cost to you) then they return them to you and you're expected to re-release them....doesn't seem like a solution to me!

As to crabgrass, yes it's edible, as is dandelion, plantain, tiger lilies, clover, wood sorrel, wild onion, wild ginger, staghorn sumac, pine needles (well they make a good tea),

So recently Drake (scovy) has been getting out. DH and I went out this morning to clip wings. We got home super late last night, so all I did was close/lock the coop. Go in, pick up Duck, clip her wings, pick up the 2nd hen, no need to clip hers, 3rd hen...she looks like we've never clipped hers! So clip hers...I look around...where is Drake?????? So we let everyone out and toss corn for them. Here comes Drake waddling down from the neighbors, guess he got caught out in the storm. So we tricked him into the garage and clipped his wings.

That will be me in the next few hours. I stayed up WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too late last night and am really feeling it today ughhhh

caf.gif
Catching up with morning coffee before I head to the kitchen to carve a baby carriage out of fruit for a baby shower today. Now you guys got me all hungry with all of this collard greens and chicken talk!!!

This is such a sad situation. I am a crazy animal lover, but having all of those stray cats is going to lead to disaster for them too. Without being fixed, there will soon be tons of them and illness will be passed around, and they will be feral and going nuts for food :( Have to say that my feelings towards the organizations that are supposed to help with animals left in this position have changed significantly in the last few years. And if you find someone that helps them, please let me know, because I would work my a$# off to help raise money for that group......because I would love to find a group with the interest of the animal coming first. Sorry.......have just had too many bad experiences/ heard too many bad things lately and just don't understand (the majority of) animal rescue groups anymore. No offense is meant, but I have always traveled heavily in the circles of these things, and am so disappointed I could cry.

I was looking online at the the spca that is closest to me and nearly every review was about how the staff were rude, not appreciative of donations people dropped off for the animals, not helpful & didn't seem to overly care about the animals there.

I am waiting to see if the relatives come over to the house nextdoor today to mow - if they do I will be having a chat with them re the cats and horses, it will be polite yet blunt and to the point as they have had months now to do something with the animals and just keep stuffing around instead. I'll be making them aware that fireworks will be let off on the 4th and not just by us so it will be in their best interest to rehome the horses so they don't get out and cause an accident.

I still can't get over the fact the old lady said we shouldn't be letting off fireworks, well if that's how she feels she can start paying rent here and THEN tell us what to do.

Rant on -
So I get to work last night and get told, by the way x can't work tomorrow, you're on the schedule for 12. Never mind I had people coming over, things I could have done Friday but planned to do in combined trips, took on animal care for the weekend for someone, etc. Calling in isn't an option since policy is if you call in on the weekend, you are required to cover those hours your next off weekend! And they wonder why we have a bad attitude!

-rant off thank you

would rather they go into the freezer then to someone like this
Neighbor stops by yesterday morning and says they have to go away for the weekend, could I care for their ducks. 13 extra mouths to feed. Might try to take a couple pics tomorrow. I hope they come home, I don't want ducks, LOL.
all you have to do is visit neighbors for a duck fix, why have your own

Back
Top Bottom