Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Does anybody have any ideas on how to make a cheap yet still safe run (basically a hardware cloth alternative)? I want to put an addition on to my run and as said before hardware cloth is a fortune, atleast $100 for my 8x4x6 addition, and I've heard chciken wire is a joke. There's some creative minds on here and experienced coop builders so I was just wondering.

don't know if its the smartest construction, but, I did the 2"x4" welded wire, with landscape ties around the perimeter...then I'm adding rocks outside the ties....I've covered 1/2 the run (5'x20'0 with a tarp for shade and rain and intend to do the fishing line over the rest.....the chooks haven't moved in yet, but, two have decided to fly out when I introduced them to it....

I am sorry to report I did not make it to see Blarneyeggs set up today! sad.........but I had an unexpected event to deal with...........

I did get to chat with Blarney and am even more curious! The baby goats pictures are so adorable..........I know I already said that!

I wish it would stop raining.........especially for the 4th , 5th and the weekend. Its my coop building time!

I was reading up on Cochins and nearly all.........like 99% of the comments were soooo positive. I imagine there is always one negative one in the bunch............

I just saw a cat get hit by a car out in front of my house. It's still alive, but its leg looks dislocated from the hip, or broken. She crawled under a parked car and we can't reach her. Do you guys have any ideas? We tried to call animal control, but every shelter or whatever in our area is closed Sundays and no one outside of our area will come. And we called the police and got an answering machine. Ridiculous.
I know the emergency vet in York, you can take a hurt stray to and sign liability over to the animal hospital. They fix it and I guess give it to the SPCA if it survives.

beautiful
love.gif

Well this week is going to be a busy one for me. Will have to clean the house from top to bottom as hubby has finally found a helper to work with him (an old friend from Oklahoma) - he tried advertising this position on craigslist and reddit but everyone that replied to them had nothing but negative things to say "oh that is a lot of hours to work, the allowance per day isn't much" but the way I look at is it, if you can get a pay cheque at the end of 2 weeks that is $2K then why would people complain, most of the work is driving anyways - the rest is just being on point making sure you can find issues that could potentially kill someone ...... ugh wow that turned into a rant - sorry
bow.gif
That's the kind of job I need!

Roo and Stitch (and Quackers)

Stitch is not keen on her picture being taken...

And the centerpieces...

We'll be illuminating the beach glass with either mini-light sticks or the electric tea lights and be alternating the types probably blue butterfly then a few small ones, then green butterfly and so on...

Roo and Stitch (and Quackers)

Stitch is not keen on her picture being taken...

And the centerpieces...

We'll be illuminating the beach glass with either mini-light sticks or the electric tea lights and be alternating the types probably blue butterfly then a few small ones, then green butterfly and so on...
GORGEOUS!!! LOVE THE IDEA!!!!

Back
Top Bottom