Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I have a question about quarantine that I just can't get out of my head. I understand the purpose of doing it but...wouldn't it be possible that the new chickens in quarantine could be carrying some disease that does not appear to be making them ill but once released in with the existing flock pass something on that could potentially kill my flock? I want to check out local auctions but you really never know what condition they may have been living in and so on.
Also, changing the topic. Does any here breed Columbian rock bantams? I have 3 roos that I would like to get some girls for. They are the cutest little things :)

Hi Sharron! Glad to see someone here that is so close to me! I am about 10 minutes from you! Woo hooo, have any extra little chickies you wanna get rid of? Lol!!

Last edited:
Hi Sharron! Glad to see someone here that is so close to me! I am about 10 minutes from you! Woo hooo, have any extra little chickies you wanna get rid of? Lol!!
hi, sorry I haven't started hatching yet, I'm still down south trying to stay warm,
gig.gif

Thanks everyone! Hey I have a request. My mom's two blue Silkie chicks have passed away.:( She has been such a help with the rest and has been putting up a good front but I know she's heartbroken. She was so excited and took forever deciding on a breed and couldn't wait for them to get here. Is there ANYONE that would be willing to sell me one or two blue (preferably) Silkie hens? I will seriously pay just about anything for them. I'm asking here because I need them to be within a reasonable driving distance. And by reasonable I mean just no shipping!:p Please PM me if you have any options. They would have a great home here. My two adult hens are happy and healthy as could be. Any age older than needing heat.

I don't think our silkies will be laying for a while yet. They are poor layers under ideal conditions and stop completely in the winter months. I see silkies advertised quite often on craigslist, you might keep an eye out there. This is an example, though it may be too far for you: http://allentown.craigslist.org/grd/4311578274.html
If you do have any in the spring, let me know because we will probably be waiting to get them until then anyway. Thank you so much guys I'll keep an eye out. I feel horrible that of course her's were the first to go:(

I missed 40 pages in 3(?) days!!!

It was supposed to be 37 today, with no snow but it was ACTUALLY 26 and we got about 5 more inches. I just wanna cry. I wasa lways taught to never feel sorry for myself but I can't help it. I feel bad for EVERYONE dealing with this snow. I just looked forward to this day for like two weeks because no snow and warm. But it was the exact opposite. :hit

I've had nothing but schoolwork lately. 3rd nine weeks is serious business. The biggest points/assignments are right now, By the time I get my HOURS of homework/studying done for the night, I just want to go to sleep. I stayed up late to check back here.

I'm hatching chicks in exactly 42 days from now! My hen has 1 week to start laying... I'm counting on her! She's been showing "any day now" signs for two weeks!! Priscilla!!! :barnie

really liking these guys,   hate to say this on a chicken thread, but sometimes I like duckies better than chicks....I find the duck pen much more relaxing then the layer pen also.

Galgo, if you read that, I now understand your fascination with waterfowl, I always wonder why you didn't have chickens before.

Glad they arrived safe & sound! Nothing like a box of ducklings arriving via mail! (well, except maybe a brooder full of sebastopol goslings! :) Although, you are much braver than I, my box is scheduled to arrive in April!

Back
Top Bottom