Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My little boy Blue showing off his manliness lol. 4 weeks old today
smile.png
love.gif
I like any chicken in blue shades...
love.gif

last chance...eggs going in incubator today..

white scovies
bantam cochin
white bresse

will offer the extra chicks when hatched also.

dominique's will be going into breeding pens today, so they will be available in a couple weeks.

I had a buzzard incident last year, took 2 youngsters, when it came back a third day I was ready and the buzzard lost.....you should hear the thud they make when they land on a metal roof, course hubby was not happy to climb up there and get it...

we leave the buzzards alone, as long as they are not causing to much trouble, some of my birds will react and sound the alarm for a low flying buzzard

before that day, I did not think the buzzards would do that.
Thank you wingstone, I appreciate you sharing that information. I will be careful with our youngsters from now on. Again, thanks a lot.

Quote: I do not believe it to be common, we have buzzards flying all the time, we are close to water with a high rate of road kill, they normally have plenty to choose from,,,, not sure why they chose to terrorize my young grow out pen...

only happened for those couple of days, after we took out a few of them from that bunch it stopped......around here they seem to fly in groups of 4, not sure why,,,,

It's so gorgeous out there today! When I get done work at two, I'm going to let the chickens out and work on the run and finish the coop. And of course we will have a little free ranging fun with the ladies! My parents gave me a miter saw that they bought and never used. I can't wait to get started!! A miter saw will make the job so much easier! Any tips?

Also, I know I asked this before, but when is it a good time to let the hens stay outside permanently? I think it was Lisa who said when it stays above 40* at night consistently, but i can't remember the rest. They are about 6-7 weeks old now and are well feathered and getting nice and fluffy now so I think they will be good to go soon. Just looking for pointers. :D

Back
Top Bottom