Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

It's snowing heavy here in Denver.
ep.gif

that sucks...just rain and major wind down here...there was a 'freeze warning' issued....what a PIA.....this is the worst winter that I can remember....

Nasty weather for sure, but on the bright side - I have 5 newly hatched chicks
woot.gif

I keep peeking at the them with a flashlight and it seems to disturb them some. Would they be disturbed less if I found a red light to use to peek at them? Anyone ever tried that?

Nasty weather for sure, but on the bright side - I have 5 newly hatched chicks
woot.gif

I keep peeking at the them with a flashlight and it seems to disturb them some. Would they be disturbed less if I found a red light to use to peek at them? Anyone ever tried that?
They would certainly be less disturbed if you used a red light.

How true!
For those of you talking about the lilacs. I have a lilac tree (bush) so how do I go about rooting some of the runners for new trees?
I usually take a sharp spade and give it a good shove into the earth between the Momma Lilac and the baby, this breaks the root joining the two and makes it easier to get baby out. I moved some babies from our old house 5 years ago and am still not getting many blooms, I'm going to have to move them to more sun and better soil.

hey Stake...what color is your Lilac?......Mine is a light purple, very nice and the fragrance is not too obnoxious. It has been real easy to keep small also, slow grower.
stake-----If you have any extra...........I would be interested in a lilac runner.................I had one bush for a long time............but it finally succumbed..........

Lilacs are my absolute favorite! I was ecstatic when I found out the Bush in our front yard is a lilac :) I'm really excited to see it bloom this spring since we moved in afterward last year. It's not very big yet so I'm sure I won't have many blooms but I still can't wait. There's no better scent than lilac :)

Lilacs are my absolute favorite! I was ecstatic when I found out the Bush in our front yard is a lilac
smile.png
I'm really excited to see it bloom this spring since we moved in afterward last year. It's not very big yet so I'm sure I won't have many blooms but I still can't wait. There's no better scent than lilac
smile.png

The original lilacs, often found around old houses, have been greatly improved over the years. There are even some varieties that will bloom a second time in later summer (they might say they bloom all summer like roses, but that's an exaggeration). The variety I've used the most is called "Miss Kim". It's "dwarf", but I've seen them taller than 6 ft over time. What I like about them is they are absolutely covered with blooms and the fragrance is pure lilac and seems much stronger and longer lasting. They are not new and so pretty cheap at the discount garden centers. BTW, if you go to Shady Maple, allow time to explore some of the local nurseries and greenhouses. Quality is higher and prices much lower than other places. I think it's all the local competition or something.

Back
Top Bottom