Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Heads up..
Mount joy TSC has people working today that know nothing about. Chickens,,,,I tried to tell them that they had the bin labeled wrong and they just looked at me...so if you want day old white silkie, they have. Bin of them marked $1.99 white leghorns, bantams are usually $3.00 .. be careful they also has the signs backwards for white rock and Cornish cross,,,the guy working told me that they were the same thing so it didn.t matter what the sign said:lol:

Yeah, they don't have chicken people there. Primarily horse people. And people who just sell stuff.

Heads up..
Mount joy TSC has people working today that know nothing about. Chickens,,,,I tried to tell them that they had the bin labeled wrong and they just looked at me...so if you want day old white silkie, they have. Bin of them marked $1.99 white leghorns, bantams are usually $3.00 .. be careful they also has the signs backwards for white rock and Cornish cross,,,the guy working told me that they were the same thing so it didn.t matter what the sign said:lol:
lau.gif

Got the coop plans mostly finalized. I am getting most of what I want. Yay me. He is making the run bigger so even that change is in my favor. Coop will be 4 X 6 with a nest box off the left wall. Front will be a door for easy clean out. Pop door and ramp off to the right into the run. Roosts attached to the right wall 3 foot long. Coop elevated 2 feet.

How do you tell if fermented feed spoiled? I have a small batch that I didn't stir for a few days. It had a whitish look on the top but smelled kind of sweet. It doesn't smell spoiled but then again I have never smelled spoiled fermented feed. No mold on it so that is a good thing :)

How do you tell if fermented feed spoiled? I have a small batch that I didn't stir for a few days. It had a whitish look on the top but smelled kind of sweet. It doesn't smell spoiled but then again I have never smelled spoiled fermented feed. No mold on it so that is a good thing
smile.png
I don't know if fermented feed can spoil, but I suppose it could eventually turn Vinegar-y. It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with yours.

Back
Top Bottom