Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Can you guys recommend a chick feeder? Currently using one of those mason jar type ones and I keep having to give it a shake to get more feed to go down.

For chicks I use a small ceramic cat dish or small casserole dish from the dollar store. For my chickens I use rubber bowls from tractor supply. I've also used old pans, ashtrays, and seen coffee cans with the end cut out and a pie plate attached underneath.
Yeah, I'm cheap.

It looks like this year will be another bad year for the gypsy moths on the trees. I go outside and hear them chewing and pooping every where. My car is covered in pollen and moth poop.
I put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, spray the sack a few times a light it, it burns up the sack singing the worms and they didn't come back. didnt hurt the trees either
thumbsup.gif

So if chickens could talk and make hand gestures I'm pretty sue I would have gotten a few middle fingers and a few choice words thrown my way yesterday morning. The reason is I kicked the chicks out of the house (and there to small brooder) and put them out in the garage (with a much bigger enclosure) for them. They thought it was necessary to stay at the front of the new brooder and voice there displeasure about the situation. Although when I checked on them last night before bedtime and again this morning everybody is happy.

It looks like this year will be another bad year for the gypsy moths on the trees. I go outside and hear them chewing and pooping every where. My car is covered in pollen and moth poop. Blah. I hope I don't loose more trees this year. The last time it was this bad, they killed so many trees.
they are bad down this wayalso

GM all:

My fox traps came in the mail today.....(Brand is Duke)....really want to get the girls free ranging again.....and I know there is still one hanging around....

Back
Top Bottom