Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Good evening all....its confirmed my second girl (and F2 olive egger) has started earning her keep...and I'm proud to say a really dark olive!!!

Congrats! I thought my Rhodebad had started to lay with that mini egg. Turns out it was one of my broodys coming back into lay. Either way is good!

The broody was off the nest yesterday, and seemed broken. I took eleven eggs (10 warmish and one just laid) and left them outside. I had seen her out today, so when I went out an hour ago, I flung the eggs into the yard, breaking two. Then I walk into the pen to find... Yeah. You guessed it! I reached in, expecting to get pecked. Instead she screamed, and ran outside. Three eggs. That means four between yesterday and today.

Where are all my eggs? I was getting 5/day before she went broody. And is it worth putting her in a broody pen?

Is it possible any of them are molting? I have one girl whom I though may have been sick or getting old. She's just molting and putting out the most beautfiful feathers! It's the first molt since I've gotten her, and she is looking more gorgeous. I really hope she lived long enough for me have a Roo and continue her line!

Today has been the best egg day I've ever had! 24 eggs so far today....of course, the fact that I found a hidden nest with 15 eggs in it under my shed contributed. Apparently, a few more of my ameraucanas are laying now than I thought and they all followed Sky under the shed. I'm not sure what her issue is but she insists on laying anywhere but where she's supposed to. I swear, she actively seeks out anywhere other than nest boxes to lay.

Sally:

Instructions from @flowerFairy////take an open jar, put 50% ACV with mother, and 50% without....take a coffee filter and rubber band and cover the lid....leave sit in a dark spot(room temp) for 3wks...repeat as necessary....(haven't tried this my self)...I have a a bottle of braggs and a jar from FF....and a gallon jug of non-ACV waiting to test......hope this helps.......

Back
Top Bottom