Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Awesome!!
What a great hatch of the Reese. How many pullets of the 11?
What else is in there?

Since you said that the first basket there looked like 4 girls and 4 boys, then it's probably 6 girls and 5 boys. I haven't confirmed that yet since the last two are still in the bator but they definitely look like girls :)

In the brooder are the Reese legbars and the regular legbars. There's the BSL that you sent me and Bourbon buff poults with one lonely red bronze poult lol.

13 of my duck eggs are fertile and looking good, the eggs MC gave me are looking great, I picked up my new roosters (silkie and frizzle) yesterday, and last night I found out they'd discounted the grown-out silkie chicks at TSC... Between the chicken train and my incoming orders I'm going to have so many birds. Never mind the two goats I am getting in April.

@dheltzel is right, though. I can quite whenever I want.

@Redwolf141, do you mix anything with their water? Sugar, apple cider vinegar, vitamin E, or electrolytes? I don't usually but times helped with my struggling chicks in the past. Gives you a little time to figure what's up and the peep a little extra energy to try to kick whatever's going on.

13 of my duck eggs are fertile and looking good, the eggs MC gave me are looking great, I picked up my new roosters (silkie and frizzle) yesterday, and last night I found out they'd discounted the grown-out silkie chicks at TSC... Between the chicken train and my incoming orders I'm going to have so many birds. Never mind the two goats I am getting in April.

@dheltzel is right, though. I can quite whenever I want.

@Redwolf141, do you mix anything with their water? Sugar, apple cider vinegar, vitamin E, or electrolytes? I don't usually but times helped with my struggling chicks in the past. Gives you a little time to figure what's up and the peep a little extra energy to try to kick whatever's going on.
[email protected] just mixed up a,gallon of sav a chick electrelates and prebiotic for them , other than the heavy breathing and laying down she seems fine running around eating and drinking climbing up on the MHP and diving off normal chick stuff.

[email protected] just mixed up a,gallon of sav a chick electrelates and prebiotic for them , other than the heavy breathing and laying down she seems fine running around eating and drinking climbing up on the MHP and diving off normal chick stuff.

You can also add some garlic and apple cider vinegar (1 tbs/gal) to their water. I had a weak chick and fishlady suggested to give her some scrambled eggs that worked great. Plain yogurt is also great treat to help their health.

My chicks turn 4-week old today. Everybody doesn't look the best at this time, but still cute for me.
roll.png
Two legbar girls are developing crests. Brownie has some gold color around her neck. Maybe she will look like red brown ameraucana?

Bear the Rhodefelder:

Brownie:

Dolly the Rees CCL:

Molly, Penny, and Ruff-Ruff:

It is so hard to get any garden digging done. The girls keep standing on my shovel when I am trying to turn some dirt or stab some water iris. (anyone want some water iris? Pernicious stuff.)

Back
Top Bottom